Please read the Virus alert below!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-23-2002, 04:20 PM   #1
Starlight_Specialties
This is most assuredly not the right forum for this, but since it started here...

Please read my post on page two of the Virus alert.
I have found a way of removing the worm. It likes to hide and protect itself. It even prevented me from deleting my emails and disabled my anitvirus.

But, thankfully it's gone. If this is a repeat of old news, sorry.
But, I figured better safe than sorry.

Good luck and Best Wishes!!

Old 04-23-2002, 10:20 PM   #2
Starlight_Specialties
Worm deletion.

This worm is undetectable to many antivirus programs. It is crafty. It will report that you are clean, but if you even think you cold have it, run the tool - It is better safe than sorry.

This is spam_a copy of what I posted on the virus alert thread.

If someone already posted this, sorry for the repeat. I've spent the whole day figuring out how to get rid of this worm and update my Norton AntiVirus. Phew!
However, if you go to :
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...er/FixKlez.com
worm destruction tool

(at the link provided) you can get rid of your worm. Save it to your desktop or a floppy disk. Best to run the tool twice. (takes spam_awhile depending ont he amount of junk -metaphoricly speaking-on your computer) once in normal mode and once in safemode.

You can reach safe mode by inserting a nonbootable floppy and restarting your computer. When it tells you an error ocurred, eject the floppy and press the F8 button on your keyboard until the you are provided with a startup option. Choose SAFE MODE.

Well, I'm finally clean and I hope this helps everyone else too!!

Best Wishes,
Laura

Worm removal tool

Old 04-26-2002, 02:53 PM   #3
Starlight_Specialties
I am still receiving at least 5-10 viruses per day from reptile breeders/companies such as ColdBloodedReptiles, Boaman, etc. I know their computer may not be the one sending the viruses, but we all need to get rid of the worm causing all these problems. Please look to the reply above or the post below to get your free copy of the removal tool, directly from the producers of Norton AntiVirus (Symantec) If you don't trust that my download is ligitimate, please go tho their website and download it yourself. Run the doggone thing every day if you have to, just to make sure your computer stays clean. And, please part with the funds and buy AntiVirus protection, for both you and all of us. We all will benefit.
Good luck and best wishes,
Laura

Old 05-13-2002, 01:33 PM   #4
Starlight_Specialties
I have not received any viruses for a few days!! Yipee!! However, I noticed there are still people concerned about the virus, so have reposted this to ensure they get a chance to download the worm removal tool.
I hope we've heard about the last form that old worm!

Old 05-13-2002, 10:50 PM   #5
kim felts
thanks for the advice laura ! seems you worked hard to get the message across..lets hope it sinks in..lol

Old 05-23-2002, 08:14 PM   #6
Starlight_Specialties
Klez virus back in action folks! I've received several over the last few days. Not like before, but perhaps some newbies are tuning into reptiles and are unaware of the problem we've been having. Please everyone use the tool above to check to see if you have "the Klez worm". Then recheck every week. Better safe than sorry. The worm can disable or hide sufficiently so as not to be detected by many anti viruses.
Best wishes and lets take the sleeze out of Klez!! (bad, I know but I tried. )

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!