2 years ago today - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-13-2022, 08:25 AM   #1
JColt
2 years ago today

Today is 2 years since open heart surgery. I woke up at 4:10 am that morning. The time I normally get up for work. I was out for almost 24 hours. I only remember about 10 seconds when they woke me after surgery.

My wife was next to me but I couldn't move head and didn't see her. Nurse said Hi Joe, Lisa is next to you and all went well.

That is all I remember. My wife later told me I got super violent and nurse restrained me then I stopped fighting and eyes were open and nobody was home.

I woke up and room was dark. There was a round clock in front of me. I hated that clock. With pain killers going through me I would doze off and wake up and look at clock. 3 min's went by. Felt like a week. In my drug induced mind I said to myself that must be one of those 72 hour clocks.

Next 72 hours was lots of pain and sleeping. One lung 60% collapsed and other at about 30% collapsed. They had mobile x-ray that they came in every 12 hours to scan condition of lungs. It was painful and I couldn't hold breath for 8 seconds so they had to do multiple times. Got so bad I started having panic attacks when they come into room so they started sedating me before hand.

Today I will finish this coffee and go mow grass. Don't have as much stamina as once before but good enough to keep going. You all have a great day!

Old 05-13-2022, 10:16 AM   #2
bcr229
Wow. Seems like yesterday I was reading about you going through that. Time flies.

Old 05-13-2022, 03:54 PM   #3
Lucille
I am so very happy that despite all the drawbacks and hurdles, the surgery helped and you are here.

Old 05-13-2022, 05:10 PM   #4
WebSlave
That was actually painful to read, Joe. Glad you are doing well now.

Old 05-15-2022, 08:13 AM   #5
nickolasanastasiou
Congrats on there being extra chapters to your story, Joe.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!