The fence - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #1
Stardust
The fence

The 700 mile fence that seperates the US from Mexico. Worth it or a waste?

Old 01-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #2
Dragondad
That depends who are we trying to keep in??

Old 01-06-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
The Mexican government is giving away 200,000 GPS units. They'll just navigate around the fence.

Forget the fence.

Authorize the Border Patrol and deployed National Guard forces to use deadly force.

After three warnings (in english) to turn back - shoot to kill.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #4
Dragondad
Scott:

Based on this I am not sure thats a good idea

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=93490

Old 01-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #5
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondad
Scott:

Based on this I am not sure thats a good idea

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=93490
My "use of deadly force authorized" mandate should cover them.

If not Plan B:

Open season on illegals crossing the border into the states. Each hunter would have to purchase a federal hunting permit, the proceeds of which would go toward reducing the deficit. No limit. Permits good for a year.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
It's still fresh in my mind how the world rejoiced when the Berlin wall was destroyed...Get ready to pay premium prices for groceries, from fruits all the way up to cheese.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:13 PM   #7
ms_terese
I don't think the fence is the right solution. I also don't think the use of deadly force is the right solution.

I wish I knew what the right solution was.

I've been through the immigration process for my husband, and understand why people choose to take the illegal route! (I'm only half kidding ) The laws are ever-changing, the forms are incredible, the cost is staggering, and it's not exactly a brisk process. HOWEVER, I think it's something people should be willing to do in order to come to this country.

Yet, if there is no consequence for not doing it legally, what is the motivation?

It's very complicated...even more so because the U.S. has allowed this situation to become as critical as it is by turning a blind eye for so long.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:41 PM   #8
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
Well, it has been tried before... there's a REALLY big wall all around China that was built to keep the Mongols out, and then there's the big wall that divided Berlin, etc. Of course, none of them had electrical current going through them. jk

Old 01-07-2007, 12:43 AM   #9
The BoidSmith
One of the problems (who would have imagined!) is the billions of dollars that are not spent in the US but that leak out of the system. Most immigrants are here to make money, and wire it to support their extended families that live beyond the Rio Grande. Give them decent wages and the possibility of leading fulfilling lives in their home countries and they will stay there.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:20 AM   #10
Mooing Tricycle
the illegals drive around in unlicensed cars and have caused Numerous accidents in our town.In one instance They did not stop when a police cruiser in front of them turned on his lights, and then stopped to turn around and chase a speeder who had also just robbed the local Kmart. Instead of stopping, the mexicans Tried to PASS him and slammed into the cruiser.

The lights went on before the officer went to make the turn, yet they tried to pass him on the LEFT side!? WHO DOES THAT!?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!