Pensacola Florida show - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
gulfcoastreefer
Pensacola Florida show

I went to the Repticon show in Pensacola. There was good numbers of people there. What wasnt there was any representation of USARK, or any other organization that has to do with the python ban. Not one sign,not one brochure, nothing. There were hundreds or maybe more that came and went and they still have no idea about the python ban.
I went to the Mobile Alabama show a few weeks ago, same thing.....nothing. There are tons of people going to the shows that dont live on the forums, that still have no idea whats going on with the snake ban. It seems at least the people putting on these shows, that make their living from shows, would at least hand out info. I think we are letting the boat leave us.
I have been out of work for quiet some time, so I havent had the money to help with the cause,but I do email about every politician involved on a weekly basis. And send as many letters as I can.
We need all these weekend reptile lovers involved in this fight. But they are walking away clueless in droves. THIS IS NOT GOOD. It needs to be addressed. We are letting tens of thousands of people that would join us in this fight.walk away.......................James Hysell

Old 04-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
MDC_Ophiuchus
I know our coverage wasn't excellent, but the Gulf Coast Association of Reptile Keepers had flyers on about 5 tables Saturday and Sunday. It is a new organization, but some of our members actually vended there and had flyers on their table.

I myself (the president of GCARK) was there most of the day Saturday, helping folks and making sure many walked out with one of our flyers in their hands.

The Mobile, AL show is new, and USARK probably wasn't aware of it at the time. We have another show in May 1-2, and I can tell you GCARK will definitely be there.

I definitely appreciate your passion about the issue. One of my main goals for GCARK is to help promote awareness about reptile politics, etc. I know its a little drive away, but you're more than welcome to join us and our monthly meetings. We already got a couple members from Pensacola already.

Check us out at: www.GCARK.org

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!