The Pied project...Myth? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #11
cahrens
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVipRoom View Post
Ill post pictures this afternoon but this is the first year I have produced pieds and it was a high white visual pied to 100% het pied pairing. I hatched out 3 pieds and interestingly enough two are very high white and one is 50/50. It may be a fluke it may not. I am not sure but thought I would add my findings to maybe help support ur theory.
Do you know the parentage of your het? Was the pied parent of the het high or low white? This is where I think it gets blurry. Nobody tracks how much white is in a hets parent, just what the het percentage is.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #12
TexasVipRoom
Yes the female was 100% het pied and the male was a visual high white pied. I cant speak for the parents of the het. That makes a good point. I may hold one of mine back and check it out bc i know the history of these hets. good point

Old 08-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #13
piedplus
Very interesting, thanks! Like you, I suspected that amount of color could be bred in. Good insight.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #14
CornNut
I know someone has selectively bred the piebald asf's (a co-dominant gene) to be almost completely white. I suspect there are other genes that help the pied gene to dominate.

Do the high white producing het pieds tend to have really good markers? How about the het pied babies from clutches with high white pieds vs. the hets from clutches with low white pieds?

Old 09-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #15
charlene.dourty
This is very interesting. i have a medium white pied male and a low white pied female. I will have to keep close records of what I produce when i breed them. I also just picked up a pastel het pied female so I will have to ask what the pastel pied father was.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #16
David Reid
I had a male low white Pied, I mean, about as low white as you could get, and he never once produced anything low white, his offspring were at least 50% white up to about 95% white. I got my Het females from different people, so cannot comment on the amount of white in my Het female's parent Pied.

Dave

Old 09-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #17
cahrens
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornNut View Post
I know someone has selectively bred the piebald asf's (a co-dominant gene) to be almost completely white. I suspect there are other genes that help the pied gene to dominate.

Do the high white producing het pieds tend to have really good markers? How about the het pied babies from clutches with high white pieds vs. the hets from clutches with low white pieds?
I've never paid any attention to the markers on them. I've had lots of normal balls that had awesome het pied markers. I've bred some of them to pieds and never got lucky. I've also had some het pieds that don't have any markers so I never put too much stock into the markers.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!