Opinions on incubating - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-02-2014, 05:03 PM   #11
cahrens
My personal preference is to pull the eggs and incubate them artificially. That doesn't necessarily mean you need an incubator though. This year I tried just setting some eggs up in shoeboxes, in vermiculite, and put them on a shelf. The room is kept at 88 degrees so my only concern was humidity which turned out to be a non issue. The first clutch pipped today and all the eggs look good. Are you able to keep the mom at the right temp? How's your humidity control working out?

Old 07-03-2014, 06:49 AM   #12
nate212
Well I built my incubator and it's working wonderfully. I had a 7 egg clutch with only 1 dud. Was even able to pull mama from them perfectly fine aswell. They had healthy veins and everything now the waiting game. I have no idea what are the odds for this clutch since she came to me pre paired up. So excited to find out

1.0 solar ball 50% het pied (Joey)
0.1 mojave (yumi)
0.1 spider (char)
0.1 yellowbelly (Lola)
0.1 het orange ghost (Luna)
1.0 reduced pattern firefly (Monty)

Old 07-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #13
cahrens
What did you build it out of? I made all mine out of soda display coolers like the ones you see at the gas station. They're well insulated, double paned glass door so you can look in without opening the door. Add some heat tape, a good thermostat, and you're good to go. I also added a humidifier in one but it's not necessary when there's a lot of eggs in there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!