Other people bumping your ads - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

View Poll Results: How do you feel about somebody bumping your ad?
I'm all for it - it keeps my ad on top 31 37.35%
I don't mind, if it is somebody I know 7 8.43%
I don't care 26 31.33%
I don't really like it, but I don't complain 2 2.41%
I hate it - it's my ad, if I want it bumped, I'll do it myself 11 13.25%
other - please comment 6 7.23%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2009, 01:02 AM   #11
Twizted Paths
Couldn't you just put 'Please don't bump' in the ad?

Until this thread I would have never thought that a positive or neutral bump would be an issue. My logic would be that the top of the classifieds and new posts is a good place to be.

Thanks for the negging warning too, wouldn't have known bumping could get it.

As for people you don't want associated with wouldn't they know it? Making it a different kind of issue?

I know I'm mouthy, so just let me say there is nothing meant to be sarcastic in this post.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:09 AM   #12
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
Thanks for the negging warning too, wouldn't have known bumping could get it.

For a better understanding of what he means, check his post again He edited it. No worries if you bump... its not something punishable... But some people just dont like it

I wont like it, and may issue negative karma too depending on who is doing it, and why... ( sometimes people just like the animals... cant help that unless they get locked, and i dont plan on locking my ads) unless its for questions about the animals, which i will not mind people posting on my ads for.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:17 AM   #13
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
For a better understanding of what he means, check his post again He edited it. No worries if you bump... its not something punishable... But some people just dont like it

I wont like it,
Thanks, I didn't read it since he edited it

I won't bump your ads either, even when you post killer pretties

Old 07-06-2009, 01:21 AM   #14
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
Thanks, I didn't read it since he edited it

I won't bump your ads either, even when you post killer pretties
lmfao

you can PM me all ya like though

I just dont want my ads to be bumped to the top all the time because of friends or anything.... Thats all

Old 07-06-2009, 01:47 AM   #15
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
lmfao

you can PM me all ya like though

I just dont want my ads to be bumped to the top all the time because of friends or anything.... Thats all
Deal and I understand your POV better now, thanks for explaining!

Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #16
Serafim
Good topic Harald.. I have never really thought about bumping some elses ad. I feel its more the sellers right to bump his or her own ad personally. Since I do not sell many snakes through classified ads Im not sure what I would do if someone bumped an ad I placed.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:21 AM   #17
LumpyReptiles
Bump Bump To the top.... Whoo Whooo

I think it can get annoying when you see post that have 5 or 6 replies that are all from the Creator of the listing.. That is why you can become a contributing member so you get the extra tools to bump if you want or do other cool things with your listings.

As far as people Bumping me to the top I DON'T CARE if you do it or not.

One more thing>>>>> if you get out of control with the bumps you are making yourself look bad....

My opinion only matters to the people that make this site the #1 reptile site on the Internet..

Old 07-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #18
TheWolfmanTom
Hey All,
Im new to this forum and have been on several others for years. I never thought one way or the other about it. I have bumped the hell out of my own add on another forum just to keep it current or update it. I never thought for a momnet it could be seen as bad, but each to their own so to speak. I just started selling online this year and everyday is a learning experience. Interesting topic.
Tom

Old 07-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #19
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyReptiles View Post
Bump Bump To the top.... Whoo Whooo

I think it can get annoying when you see post that have 5 or 6 replies that are all from the Creator of the listing
That's my feeling. If I were a seller, I wouldn't want an active ad to find itself on page 46. Who looks past page 4 or 5 (depending on the dates, sometimes there's a big influx of ads and that's understandable)? But I also wouldn't want my ad filled with my own seemingly selfish self-bumps.

I bump ads periodically. I try not to be a whore about it, though. But I think it looks better if someone that likes you and your animals to bump your ad than if you do it yourself.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #20
Shadera
Then you get those people posting nonsense on ads just to bump their post counts because they have nothing relevant to add to the forum otherwise.

I don't mind someone posting on my ads once in a while to help me bump them up, especially if they've been on the back pages a while and it's a legitimate question, I just can't bring myself to shove my ads in people's faces every day day after day otherwise. I'll bump on occasion if it falls a few pages back and it's something I really need to let go of. For the most part the serious buyers know how to search for stuff and will find us if we have what they want.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!