Hurt Beardie - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
Tlazare
Hurt Beardie

So I am new to the forums and wasn't sure where to post so General seems good enough.
I have a 3 1/2 month old Female Bearded Dragon. She is housed with her brother which is getting bigger than her faster. I have a 40 gal tank always has food in it, Greens, Dubias, Crickets etc. The other day he must have thought her back legs were crickets or something but bit both her back legs and they are messed up. I have been bathing her in warm water for 10 mins a day and add a little pedialyte to the water. I put neosporin on the wounds and try to hand feed her when she wants to eat. Is there anything else i can do to maybe help her?

Old 11-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #2
Tlazare
Oh BTW i already seperated the dragons into there own cages

Old 11-14-2012, 02:31 AM   #3
hhmoore
Generally, when you have questions about a specific type of animal, you will get better response by posting in the forum for that specific animal. Accordingly, your thread has been moved to the Bearded Dragon Discussion forum.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
Ed Clark
Stop the warm water soakings, I would use silver sulfadiazine cream on the wounds. bandgage them up real good and change as needed. leave her alone to rest and heal.

This is how I would treat it I'm sure there are many different ways of treating this including seeing a vet.

Good luck.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
jmp745
got a picture? How bad is it? Beardies heal pretty fast depending on how bad it is. But saying her legs are messed up is pretty vague.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
Tlazare

Old 11-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
Tlazare
That's the worst foot the other seems to be healing and not as bad

Old 11-15-2012, 04:04 AM   #8
jmp745
does she use it at all? That middle toe will probably die and drop off, which shouldn't be a problem. The potential problem is if there are broken bones in the calf/ankle. The calf does look like it curves where the dark color starts, which probably isn't a good sign. It may have just swelled oddly, but thats what I'd be worried about right now, much more than the toe or bloody bits.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:07 AM   #9
jmp745
actually, its not the middle toe I was talking about, its the long toe. Those get nipped quite a bit when they are babies and it doesn't end up being a long term problem.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #10
Tlazare
She uses it more when she baths but so far she tries to keep it still. She is really good about not moving around but she really doesn't eat anymore. I gave her some repti boost last night and I will again but she doesn't want super worms Dubias or crickets. Not even wax worms. So I left the wax worm in front of her to see maybe she would like a treat and a cricket made off with the wax worm

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!