Nueces County locale Thornscrub Ratsnakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

YES! You can option out of the Google and InfoLinks ads! Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
tbrock
Nueces County locale Thornscrub Ratsnakes

On hold until spring... Thornscrub Ratsnakes AKA Southwestern Ratsnakes AAKA Southern Plains Ratsnakes Pantherophis guttatus (syn. emoryi) meahllmorum.

These are offspring from a project I have been working on for the last three years. The grandparents were legally collected several years ago from central and western Nueces County, Texas. The grandsire was a more than 50% reverse-striped animal, collected by Todd Hughes. The granddam is a nice normal animal, which is still in my collection. I bred these two animals and held back some of the offspring and bred them back to each other this year - and got a few reverse-striped and aberrantly patterened babies. This mutation does not seem to be a simple recessive, but is heritable in some way - possibly polymorphic in some way, similar to reverse-striped and aberrant Cal kings.

I am not selling the reverse-striped or aberrant babies, but I am offering 2.3 of the "normal" siblings of the reverse-striped and aberrant offspring, and several half siblings from another clutch, which show variable degrees of extended neck striping. I am asking $30 each or $50 per pair. Shipping is additional and will be figured per sale. Individual pics only for serious inquiries...

A photo of the grandsire (on top) and a reverse-striped female.

The reverse-striped clutch all hatched.

A half sibling to the above clutch, with a long neck stripe.

Thanks for looking,
-Toby Brock
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!