GTPs & Carpet Pythons Experienced Needed on both - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-17-2004, 03:39 PM   #11
cassys
has the carpondro breeding been succesful before with other breeders? I might just stick to breeding pure Coastals, pure Jungles and breed green trees pure as well. Next year I will buy a male GTP do breed with this Green Tree pictures below.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2004, 04:37 PM   #12
Sand&SunReptile
People have bred GTPs and Carpets.
There are carpondros arent there?
I have also seen ETB/ATB crosses...

Old 11-17-2004, 05:49 PM   #13
cassys
that is an interesting mix with ETB and ATB. Ok, so is it hard to breed them then?

Old 11-18-2004, 09:16 PM   #14
wrsrept
mistake

carpets and green tree don't breed in the wild so why do it in captivity.

Old 11-18-2004, 09:34 PM   #15
Seamus Haley
Quote:
carpets and green tree don't breed in the wild so why do it in captivity.
Greed.

Maybe add a little selfish ignorance to that mix for good measure.

Old 11-18-2004, 09:39 PM   #16
Sand&SunReptile
I dont think it is a case of greed here Seamus.
Since she'd be selling them for the price of higher end Green Trees...
Anyhow, some people like to hybridize. I personally dont mind natural intergrades, or unforced captive hybrids. But when the breedings become forced, I lean away from them...

Old 11-19-2004, 09:00 AM   #17
cassys
Well if you buy Pythons of the World Volume I the regions of where Jungle Carpet Pythons are as well as GTP overlap in Australia, so as a matter of fact they do cross paths and probably do mate in the wild. They also can be breed in captivity if you go to this website and take a look at the beautiful markings of a Carpondro.

http://www.chondroweb.com/DrFrankenstein/carpondros.htm

Thanks for your comment!

Old 11-19-2004, 09:07 AM   #18
cassys
If you met me i am a person no where near the vice of greed. I am 22 years old going to school and trying to experiment with the demand in market of snakes today for purely to make people happy for what they like. Honestly when I succeed in producing Carpondros, I will only sell them for $500 dollars each not $2000. I am more of a person who worries about the snake getting a home rather than worrying about making money. But, it will be a while until I try this breeding. Right now I am trying to breed pure Jungles, pure Coastals and next year I hope to buy "Rio" from the Computer Condro clutch made a few years back. He is for sale on herpetologic.net

I think this male and my female, Nairobi will make a superb and beautiful clutch of neonates.

One question what period of the year can GTP be breed? I know they have two seasons out of the year but I just want to know which months they are able to be breed.

Thanks,
Cassandra

Old 11-19-2004, 10:26 PM   #19
wrsrept
cassey,cassey,cassey

if you really did your research then you would know that jungle carpets and grren tree don't overlap there is a elevation differents. and why ruin a the green tree pythons for the rest of us. fisrt there was the diamond python cross with the jungle and now people are so affraid to buy diamonds becaues there not sure there geting a 100% PURE DIAMOND python. then theres the burmesse crossed with the african rock when do they ever cross each other in the wild never. big body of water there between.cross breeding snakes ruins it for the rest of us.

Old 11-19-2004, 11:09 PM   #20
Seamus Haley
Captive interfertility isn't anything even close to proof of wild crosses. There are behavioral differences (intrinsic isolating mechanisms), built into the genetic makeup of the two species which keep them completely unquestioningly seperate as breeding populations even for the few areas where indivudal animals *might* cross paths with one another.

I challenge anyone to show me a naturally produced "carpondro" something that a female collected while gravid dropped... They simply don't exist but feel free to spend some time looking. This is NOT a case of old school taxonomists spending too much time with bottled specimins and not enough in the field... the species are completely 100% without question independant of one another.

Captive hybridization is done strictly out of greed and ignorance. It's not done out of respect or love for the animals, that would entail appreciating them in their natural forms. It's pure financially driven mutilation of natural instinct and it produces bastardized monstrosities that endanger entire captive populations.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!