Gecko Health - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #1
C.ravenreptiles
Exclamation Gecko Health

hello my name is raven and i have this leopard gecko and i think she is having health issues if you have any idea to help me please comment or message away. the reason i am comming on here is because i cant afford a vet. so any help i am accepting heres some pictures of her

Old 08-06-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
Alex G
Most obvious question; why did you take on an animal if you couldn't afford to care for it if it got sick?

Second most obvious question; she's very thin, is she eating and drinking?

Old 08-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #3
C.ravenreptiles
Q:1 I am good with animals I know alot of vet experience and slot about geckos/ reptiles she is the only sock one out of 10 geckos. And Q:2 she eats n Drinks iv givin her reptaid. So it's something else.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #4
Alex G
Maybe you do have "vet experience" but this is obviously beyond the scope of your own home care. What happens if this is something contagious and it spreads to the other ten geckos you own? She needs vet attention now. Ask your parents for some money to take her to a good exotics vet.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:45 AM   #5
C.ravenreptiles
Ur no help

Old 08-06-2011, 01:47 AM   #6
Alex G
Let me rephrase that: if you do not take this gecko to a good exotics vet as soon as possible, she will most likely die in your care, possibly from something completely treatable.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:50 AM   #7
KelliH
Your gecko is in terrible shape. First of all she is extremely thin and dehydrated. She also has stuck skin from an unsuccessful shed (or 3) on her eye(s). Some questions:
When is the last time your gecko ate and what did she eat?
How long has this animal been in your care?
Does your gecko have a humid hide in her tank?
Are you using bark as a substrate?
Do you supplement and if so, how much and how often?

Let's start with those.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:25 AM   #8
C.ravenreptiles
She ate this morning crickets. she's a rescue so only a couple days. She does have a humid place n her habitat. Her habitat is half bark. N yes to supplement 4 times a week

Old 08-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #9
Ozymandias
first off i would take her off the bark and ether but her on tile or paper towel, next you need to do a fecal sample and get it to a good reptile vet to check (it shouldn't be expensive) you need to know if she has any parasites or the like. also keep her quarantined from the rest of your animals and give her a good soak in warm (not hot) water this should help her a little bit and hopefully hydrate her some more.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:19 AM   #10
Alex G
Raven, have you taken this animal to the vet yet?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!