Need Gecko Egg Infermation - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
C.ravenreptiles
Question Need Gecko Egg Infermation

so these are my egg hatchings.. and idk if the yellow is a good thing? iv done my reading n my incubator is on its way.. but the eggs are yellow and i cant see a vain.. whats the chance that my female or male isnt fertile? and is there a way to tell? heres my two eggs

Old 05-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
br3277
The eggs look to be infertile.The eggs should glow a pink color when they are fertile. You should still incubate them to be sure.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
C.ravenreptiles
is there a way to tell if the male or female is infertile?

Old 05-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
br3277
Not that I know of. I know that some first time breeders sometimes lay infertile eggs. I would say if the eggs are from a first time breeder, you probably have nothing to worry about. The next clutch of eggs could be fertile.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #5
Heather82
How old are the eggs? I've had an egg or two that would look solid yellow and was almost positive that they were infertility, but I held onto them. A week or so later I would candle them and they were nice and pink , so hang onto them. And as he above poster mentioned first time breeders do lay infertile eggs in the beginning.

Good luck!

Old 05-16-2011, 11:09 PM   #6
C.ravenreptiles
well naw there about four days old... and there not ferm like that anymore there kinda caving in. n soft /:

Old 05-17-2011, 12:25 AM   #7
Heather82
sounds like they aren't fertile. But it wouldnt hurt to hold onto them for another week or so and candle them again. But I'm sure anymore eggs your female lays will be good

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!