Bad Guy James W/ email roguem0nkey@yahoo.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:14 AM   #1
TrulyRare
James W/ email roguem0nkey@yahoo.com

Well I did not want to have to do this. BuT I'm left with no choice. I gave him weeks and weeks to make our deal right and he never has and lied to me.

I'm unsure of exact dates I can find out though for those of you who really want the deep information.

I did a trade with James threw a local forum I'm on with some leopard geckos. I met him he was nice..traded for the geckos, done deal. Well I went to Flordia and brought back a Green Amevia. Well James had done a trade for a tank he had at his house and some other stuff and got a corn snake in the trade, according to him, his wife does not like snakes and only allowed him to keep it a short time whilest he found a trade for it. I told him I had the Amevia, and he was very interested, we decided to do a even trade for this corn snake he had. When I got the corn, I told him it didn't look good weight wise, but would try and see how it does. couple days later it died. I contacted him, told him I'd take pictures of the animal and I did. He said not to worry about it he would give me the amevia back, because it bit him anyways. according to his email response. Well...I contacted him again after not hearing back and he said that it had got loose in his house and once he caught it he would give it back...well over and over again I was nice and contacted him to see if he had caught the animal, he made attempts of telling me where it was "hiding" at ..and the description. well over and over again he told me he hadn't caught it yet. I told him we needed to make our deal right, as it was the right thing to do. Then suddenly on Craigslist a Green Amevia pops up. wow....NO pet stores in this area have carried Green Amevias and if they have it's been far and in between. Very rare in other words. SO i contact the poster..its a gentlemen and not James. and this is what he writes me back.

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Shane Couch <shanecouch@gmail.com> wrote:

I looked back thru my emails and yes its your amieva you wouldnt like to trade back for him for a snake or something would you? I like him but hes just not very handleable and I like to have things that I can get out and really pay attention to.

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 7:43 PM, <TruIyRare@aol.com> wrote:

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

hey did you trade for a gecko? I'm trying ot find out if this one was mine, ..Ok I'll be honest. The guy i traded it to him, ..the animal he traded me died a few days later, and he said the "amevia" got out and he's not seen it. So if he's lying i really want to know. that's why im trying to find out ..the if its the same animal or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So..James lied to me..about "losing" the Amevia. I'm very upset about this..because honestly..I would rather the man have told me the truth than to jerk me around like he has.

I can send the emails that I exchanged with James to anyone who would like to see them. About this matter. Some were though on the forum easttnpets.com

and I will have to copy n paste the messages to you. This is as well where I warned James if he did not make the deal right i was Going to put him here. I've warned him 3 times. He has NOT responded since I wrote him an email and told him that I knew the Lizard was mine for sure and that he lied. he has NOT responded since.

So BOI. What would you do?

Old 01-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
TrulyRare
Not one opinion or advice at all.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
joepythons
add

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrulyRare View Post
Not one opinion or advice at all.
It might help out if you placed his full name.The james w does not allow someone to know exactly who it is

Old 01-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
TrulyRare
I don't know his full name. He might have told me in the past, but I don't know it. That's why I gave his email address.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
joepythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrulyRare View Post
I don't know his full name. He might have told me in the past, but I don't know it. That's why I gave his email address.
Well i dont think there is much anyone here can help you with because we have no idea whom you actually dealt with.As far as the email they can change them so no real help thier.I am sorry he ripped you off though.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
TrulyRare
I have his number and such.

Let me see if I can find out.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
Pasodama
There is an Ad, on fauna, with that email address.
Info, with that account & in Ad, is that his name is James Carl and lives in Knoxville, TN.

Deb Morgan

Old 01-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
TrulyRare
yep, that would be him.. Thanks Deb.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #9
critical bill
I dont understand the sour grapes. A person meets with another person to trade animals. Each has the opportunity to examine what they are trading for. One person finds a problem in the animal they are trading for- but they still trade anyway. Two or three days later that animals dies. Its tough noogies, but the deal is done.

As far as the other person lying, its unfortunate that he did and didn't realize that he didn't need to in order to be 100% in the right. Its a private trade that doesn't seem to me to backed by any kind of guarantees.

When you do quick deals in parking lots and such and you don't even know who you're dealing with....you have to find some solace in knowing the least of your troubles is winding up with a dead snake.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #10
critical bill
WTF happened? Everybody left?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!