Wanting to make a Panda Pied - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
hartge330ci
Wanting to make a Panda Pied

Help me out here guys... Trying to see if I get this right. I want to try to make a Panda Pied, and understand I have to breed two Black Pastel 100% Het Pied snakes together to make that happen. Do they have to be siblings or can they be from different clutches?

Old 05-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
RobNJ
No need for them to be siblings.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
hhmoore
I'll go as far as to say better if they are not siblings.
You can also use a black pastel pied in place of either (or both) of the hets

Old 05-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
Rock Star Reptile
I would 1000% agree with hhmoore on useing non-siblings. This hoping the super black ends up healthy. I wish you luck on this. Should be a fun.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
hartge330ci
Are the odds better if you use two black pastel pieds? Sorry, still trying to figure all this genetics stuff out.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
hhmoore
Definitely...because all of the babies will then be pieds, and you just have to worry about hitting on the super black.
Using hets, (statistically) only 25% of the babies will be pied...and, since black pastel x black pastel only produces (again, statistically) 25% supers, you really have to hit the odds to get the same baby to be both super black AND pied.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #7
R. Eventide
If you breed together two Black Pastels het Pied, you have a 1/16 chance to hit the Panda Pied.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #8
rboy
Mixing cinnamon het x black pastel het may result in healthier supers, also remember reading Ian g line blacks have more successful super babies

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!