Fl.International Reptile Show? - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 04-26-2006, 02:39 PM   #81
audrypayne
It's not a matter of taking sides. It's a matter of right & wrong. Would you give your support to a man that was lied to, beaten up, threatened, and robbed? Or would you give support to the criminal?

Old 04-26-2006, 02:47 PM   #82
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyman13
Let me state how i see this.

I am a buyer i go to the show to buy from vendors. I don't actually care who the promoter is or how long they have been around or how they conduct business because i am there only to purchase from the vendor. As long as there are vendors there that have animals i want to purchase i will go to purchase from that vendor.

Death threats are not only serious they are illegal and should be handled by having the other person arrested.

Joe Blow is mad at Peter Piper. They share the same friends. Joe says don't play with him he has cooties. Joe says if your his friend your not mine. Peter says don't play with him he's a jerk. If your his friend your not mine. Friends are forced to take sides. Childish yes.

Pretty much sums up the progression of this thread. We went from trying to inform the vendors that they may be at risk of a show cancellation they have allready paid for to gloating that the others show was a bust.

I have read all that has been posted on all this. I have no doubt that Tony did wrong. I started my post with my opinion trying to express that i only supported the vendors in this. And really didn't care to get into the debate on promoter vs promoter.

Sorry if the childish comment was taking personally by you. I don't know either of you, and honestly don't care what happens between the two parties. If i hear there is a reptile show local that may have something I'm intrested in. I base my decision on that.
You should care who the promoter is – for one I doubt that Tony will get very many ( if any ) quality vendors to sign up. So it should concern you as well as all the non-vendors. Do you really want to drive all the way to a show that advertises a big list of vendors and then when you get there more than half of those vendors were never signed up to begin with?

I know if I went as a non-vendor to a show because certain vendors were advertised to be there and then weren't there I would be pi$$ed…. that’s false advertisement. Making it a huge waste of my time and money.

It seems that you really don’t know what you’re talking about, because Joe Blow and Peter Piper DO NOT have the same friends. And I don’t vend at some shows and not others, because the promoters may or may not be my friends. I vend at shows to meet my customers and sell animals.
And not vending at Tony’s show was MY decision, not because someone else said “Peter says don't play with him he's a jerk.” I wasn't “forced” to take any ones side and I don’t think anyone else was either. You make it sound as though we can’t think for ourselves.

I wasn't offended by your comments; I am merely voicing my opinion. Just as you are voicing yours. Why make a statement and then apologize for it. You did have time proof read what you posted and could have edited it before posting.

Maybe if more people started caring about the integrity and intentions of the promoters we would have better quality show.

Old 04-26-2006, 03:12 PM   #83
eric adrignola
One point that he's making - and I agree - is that you cannot count on
people to NOT go to Tony's shows. You should not be angry with
people going to his shows, vendong at his shows, for supporting his
shows, etc. Yeah, they are neabling him, allowing him to do his thing
over and over, but in the end, it's their moeny and their decision.

I'd go to any show if I knew I coudl buy feeders, or a particular animal.
And that's what the average person is like. they don't care who the
promoter is, as long as they deliver. If they need 2,000 crickets and
superworms, so me frozen rats and a ball python, and they can get it all
at a show, they're happy. If they expect Vendor A,B, and C, and only
Vendor X and Y are actually AT the show - then they'll be pissed.

If Vendor X and Y have animals and supplies to sell, need money, and
Tony's got a show nearby, at the righ ttime, you really can't fault them
for "enabling" Tony by vending at his shows. They are no more at fault
than they were when they vended at BOTH Tony's and Cathy's shows
- they need to work just as much as anyone.

If you believe that Tony's shows are harming the hobby/industry - don't
go to them, dont' vend at them. If you believe that he is doing wrong,
fine. If you dont' care, and need to make money, and vending at Tony's
show is an option, big deal - you do what you gotta do.

We weigh our options and decide what to do based on the good and
bad that results from it. I think it's foolish to believe that nobody will
attend/vend Tony's shows because it's "wrong". It's a business, people
base business decisions (especially when they are unaware/dont' give a
rat's rear about the in-fighting) on money and what's best for THEM.

Some of us are fortunate enough to be in a position where we can make
a decision based not only on monetary factors, but on ethical or moral
reasons. After everything, I still consider Tony my friend, and I really
wish him the best - I hope he gets things fixed up. However, I was at
home this week, and I can't emphasize how much I could use the
money right now.

Eric A

Old 04-26-2006, 03:22 PM   #84
cowboyman13
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
You should care who the promoter is – for one I doubt that Tony will get very many ( if any ) quality vendors to sign up. So it should concern you as well as all the non-vendors. Do you really want to drive all the way to a show that advertises a big list of vendors and then when you get there more than half of those vendors were never signed up to begin with?

I know if I went as a non-vendor to a show because certain vendors were advertised to be there and then weren't there I would be pi$$ed…. that’s false advertisement. Making it a huge waste of my time and money.?
I quess if i showed for a show and there was no vendor there that was on the list then your correct i would be pissed and that would effect me.

Quote:
It seems that you really don’t know what you’re talking about, because Joe Blow and Peter Piper DO NOT have the same friends. And I don’t vend at some shows and not others, because the promoters may or may not be my friends. I vend at shows to meet my customers and sell animals.
And not vending at Tony’s show was MY decision, not because someone else said “Peter says don't play with him he's a jerk.” I wasn't “forced” to take any ones side and I don’t think anyone else was either. You make it sound as though we can’t think for ourselves.
The childish comment was meant as the way i seen the progression of this thread, And how i felt about the continuing bickering publicly between two promoters and yes there friends. Once again only my opinon.

Quote:
I wasn't offended by your comments; I am merely voicing my opinion. Just as you are voicing yours. Why make a statement and then apologize for it. You did have time proof read what you posted and could have edited it before posting.
If you werent offended then there is no need to apologize, And your correct it was only my opinion.

Quote:
Maybe if more people started caring about the integrity and intentions of the promoters we would have better quality show.
Maybe there is a better way to get the buying public to understand the issues.

Old 04-26-2006, 03:27 PM   #85
Gino
The "issue" is honesty.
I guess it either matters or it doesn't
Gino

Old 04-26-2006, 03:39 PM   #86
cowboyman13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino
The "issue" is honesty.
I guess it either matters or it doesn't
Gino
And it does. My point is here is what you see if you are the buying public. You see one accusing one publicly on his website or thru his emails about shows. The other takes a more professional stance, and when his supporters don't feel he's standing up for himself enough they start a debate with the other ones supporters which i have seen on previous threads on here.

Note: not really on this one. but in the past.

Now homegrownherps makes a very good point. If there are advertised vendors that aren't actually there then yes that directly effects the buying public.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:12 PM   #87
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyman13

Now homegrownherps makes a very good point. If there are advertised vendors that aren't actually there then yes that directly effects the buying public.
False advertising is only one issue, there are many. But it still seems in some peoples eyes that Tony can do no wrong and will continure support his ethics.

I do my best NOT support criminals. Especially when they attempt to hurt me or my business.

And I feel it necessary to inform EVERYONE , vendors and show participants alike. Thats what the whole BOI is for right, or is just for some bad guys?

I have seen people get ripped apart for a lot less here on the BOI.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #88
cowboyman13
Quote:
False advertising is only one issue, there are many. But it still seems in some peoples eyes that Tony can do no wrong and will continure support his ethics.

I do my best NOT support criminals. Especially when they attempt to hurt me or my business.

And I feel it necessary to inform EVERYONE , vendors and show participants alike. Thats what the whole BOI is for right, or is just for some bad guys?

I have seen people get ripped apart for a lot less here on the BOI.
I haven't actually seen a BOI thread on this or missed it. But i think thats a great idea. Because then at least you get facts. You have a stance in this and was directly effected. I think thats a really good idea. If there is one will you please bump it up for me. At least then everythings there. Its not just what someone else heared or seen. When you post on the BOI its documentation along with it.

But if you do then make it about you and your issue. Not someone else's. So we can see why you are so adamant about all this. I use the BOI quite a bit for researching who to purchase from and yes that would make more of an impression in my mind.

Please don't think i support anyone here. Once again i am only stating my opinion. I missed both shows the one at the fairgrounds and the one in clearwater. Not out of supporting or not supporting either one. Simply the mackerel are running now. Thats more appealing than traffic and tourists. The one at the fairgrounds by Alex was missed only because i was working. So i am taking no sides here.

Old 04-26-2006, 05:51 PM   #89
homegrownherps
why don't you start by reading this entire thread.
Why would any one need MORE than what has been posted here already.

People tried to warn me, I was loyal to him until he TRIED to screw me. I guess some people have to learn the hard way.

Old 04-26-2006, 05:58 PM   #90
homegrownherps
One other thing - to those of you that are friends w/ Tony, since so many of us are wrong why is it he hasn't come here and tried to explain his actions?

When he posted all that crap on his site about the "other promoter" in his attempt sabotage the show , there was great potential to hurt every single vendor at that show as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!