Coming Apart! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-30-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
SPJ
Coming Apart!

I give up. Nothing is going right with this clutch. I got the humidity up to 89% (high as I can possibly get it), used 2 pounds of hatchrite so far, and they keep dimpling more and now they are losing their adhesion to each other. WTF! I really, really want to see what heads pop out. I hope Harald's clutch goes better than this one is.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
KelliH
Advice

My advice to you is to get a 12-14 quart sweater box, fill it about 3/4 full of damp vermiculite. Just add water to the vermiculite until the grains adhere to each other when you squeeze them together, but water does not drip out of the clump like it would a wet sponge. Bury the eggs almost completely in the vermiculite (not all the way, but almost). There is no need to have any airholes in the sweater box. Cover the top with saran wrap and then put the lid on. Put eggs in the incubator. If they don't hatch this way then there is something wrong with them. Hope this helps.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
Clay Davenport
Kelli's right. Ditch the hatchrite, no need to fix what ain't broke.
If the eggs are severely dimpled before their time a trick I use is to wet a paper towel and wring the water out, then lay it over the clutch until they fill back out.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:58 AM   #4
TheFragginDragon
Best of luck to you Steve.....

Old 03-31-2008, 04:37 PM   #5
Larry Suttles
Last year I had some dimple in real early. I had one that dimpled in so bad I thought "there’s no way a snake is in there" because the top of the egg looked to have dimpled to the point where it was touching the bottom..lol

I mix my vermiculite really dry so my eggs tend to dimple more than others I guess.

I'm with ditching the hatchrite but I won't mess with them too much while cooking.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #6
TheFragginDragon
Any update Steve?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!