Your LOVE life and your Reptiles.... Poll!!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: To love or not to love?
Does your significant other dislikes and does not tolerate your reptiles? 2 2.00%
Do you think at some point your significant other will make you choose between him/her and your reptiles? 6 6.00%
Does your significant other tolerate them, but care less about them? 39 39.00%
Does your significant other enjoy your reptiles? 12 12.00%
Does your Significant other likes your reptiles and helps you with feeding and cleaning? 10 10.00%
Or is your significant other is a reptile freak just like you? 31 31.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2005, 12:45 PM   #21
kiote9
My significant other brought the first snake into the house even though he was terrified of it.

He became accustomed to the reptiles but now he is jealous because I love them more than him.

I love dirt more than him, though.......

Reptiles are forever, love dies.

Old 08-25-2005, 06:23 PM   #22
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiote9
I love dirt more than him, though.......
Bummer. I couldn't stay if I didn't love any more. It will make you, um....Psycho. It holds you back, and keeps you from bettering yourself, and getting to your full potential. Just my $0.025

Ciao,
Rick

Old 08-25-2005, 06:41 PM   #23
kiote9
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
Bummer. I couldn't stay if I didn't love any more. It will make you, um....Psycho. It holds you back, and keeps you from bettering yourself, and getting to your full potential. Just my $0.025

Ciao,
Rick

Did you read my custom user title? LOL

I was crazy, now I'm getting better. Honesty is a big part of dealing with life. As the truth comes to light the solution becomes more apparent.

Things are the way they are right now. Choices have to be made by both parties for the good of everyone because neither of us has the right to destroy the kids security over our stupidity. It'll take time, but it will get better. I guess I was rather harsh and I shouldn't have been. He is a good person, just the wrong person.

Tip for the day: Never keep a job after your spouse/significant other becomes your boss. (I'm working on getting a different job.)

HOWEVER....I have met a lot of couples recently who are getting or already have reptiles. It seems that one usually has a passion for them and the other is tolerant. It would be wonderful to have someone to truly share the passion with.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:59 PM   #24
crotalusadamanteus
Well, sounds like you got it planned out.
Wish ya luck in yer new ventures. LOL

Ciao,
Rick

Old 11-12-2005, 01:23 PM   #25
CallDawg
differing opinion

luckily my Wife enjoys my snake and encourages me to get another when the finances and time constaints are right.

but I have been with my Wife (Kris) for almost 12 years known her for almost 20 I can't see my life with out Kris, she is my grounding line and my life line, if the choice was given, and thank god it never would be, to choose between my wife and my snake, it would be Kris winning with out a thought needed, further than finding Olak (my BP) a new home

but on the other note any other person could just go SH*T in their hat.

Old 11-12-2005, 02:25 PM   #26
mochasr4me00
My husband actually bought me my first rep, a corn snake. As I was choosing the one I wanted one of the others decided that he really liked him and would not go back in the cage. Needless to say we came home with two snakes that day. At the most recent (I should say only one) show in my area he said all the way there, no more reps this time. Well guess who bought the first rep at the show? Wasn't me!! I love that man!!

Old 11-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #27
casey crain
Here it is. My daughter likes to feed them, my wife likes to show them off,but I get to do all the work. Oh well, I love them all, even the wife and kid.

Old 01-15-2006, 06:34 PM   #28
handsomeRob
i dont have a love life because of my reptiles, and i wouldnt have it any other way. love stinks (yeah yeah).

Old 02-14-2006, 12:51 AM   #29
ZenReptiles
When I was in high school 10 yrs ago, I got the annoying nickname, "Iguana Girl" after appearing on the 6 o' clock news with my ig, who has been trained like a dog since he was 2. I didn't date much. I've been with the same guy for 8 yrs now, and have a daughter with him. I don't think he's a reptile nut like me, but he lets me get whatever I want and has his favorites. It works for me.

Old 02-21-2006, 07:14 AM   #30
Ginger Ambrose
Thank goodness my Hubby "kind of" likes my snakes. LOL
I have had him for 23 years, and although he dosen't do any upkeep,
he will hold them. Best of all..............he buys them for me.
I bought him a baby Bp for his birthday in December, his first.
So far it seems to be mine, but then again I kind of knew that would
happen LOL
Our three year old is the other "true snake man" in the house. No
fear, but he doesn't want to feed yet. (I am glad, not ready for him
to feed either) But he loves his snake and he helps with "Daddy's"
He is the handler of Bp's, does beautifully.
He will not go near the Boas, or the Burm, he has labled them as
biters.
Smart kid, IMHO. He is always supervised, and is learning how
to properly care for the snakes. He just thinks it is fun.
I believe I may need a herp fund for him later in life LOL.
For now I am willing to share.
He has had his own Bp since he was two and 1/2.
The rest are Mommy's.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!