Definition Clarification Needed about Rules - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
Wyatt
Definition Clarification Needed about Rules

Can you please give me your definition of this rule,

Personal slurs or heated discussions about someone's ancestry will not be tolerated.

I am curious as to how these rules are perceived to each and every moderator that has the capability of administering points to individuals that may very well be the outcome of money being paid to this web site through paypal for profit.

Also, how is it that you can be charged these points for one comment by several different moderators thus increasing your points for one post. Is that how it really works? You don't get charged x number of points for one infraction and then if it occurs again you get charged again?

Thanks,
Wyatt

Thanks,
Wyatt

Old 12-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt
Also, how is it that you can be charged these points for one comment by several different moderators thus increasing your points for one post. Is that how it really works? You don't get charged x number of points for one infraction and then if it occurs again you get charged again?
Several mods can give points for one post because its incentive NOT to speak in such a way. If you do it, deal with the consequences.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #3
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Can you please give me your definition of this rule,

Personal slurs or heated discussions about someone's ancestry will not be tolerated.
Is it not self-explanatory?

Old 12-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #4
Wyatt
Oh I got it!! So if there were 500 mods and you messed up one time and all of them decided to jump the bandwagon and charge you then you are out $50 for one comment. That sure is allot of incentive to stick around here rather than stay with Kingsnake or any other herp related website. But comments like,

Hey wyatt, scumbag, shmuck, are you such a loser that you don't know when you've won even the smallest of battles?

That go on and on really get in the way of what this website was intended for back when it was first started. It is just a shame that this site and the whole BOI has become the blunt end of so many jokes among breeders now days. But I guess that tells allot about the people who run and mod this site. It's like being referred to as Dr. like it is was your name from birth!!! LOL

Wyatt

Old 12-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #5
Wyatt
No Dennis. I guess it is only self explanatory to the person who is issuing the points as to what they want to perceive is personal slurs.

Wyatt

Old 12-05-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
critical bill
Stop beating around the bush, wyatt. What really seems to be irking you?

Old 12-05-2007, 02:10 PM   #7
critical bill
Quote:
Oh I got it!! So if there were 500 mods and you messed up one time and all of them decided to jump the bandwagon and charge you then you are out $50 for one comment. That sure is allot of incentive to stick around here rather than stay with Kingsnake or any other herp related website. But comments like,

Hey wyatt, scumbag, shmuck, are you such a loser that you don't know when you've won even the smallest of battles?
You never did answer that question.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Quote:

That go on and on really get in the way of what this website was intended for back when it was first started. It is just a shame that this site and the whole BOI has become the blunt end of so many jokes among breeders now days. But I guess that tells allot about the people who run and mod this site. It's like being referred to as Dr. like it is was your name from birth!!! LOL

Wyatt

If 500 moderators decided a comment was so bad that it compelled them to pile on the points already given by other moderators, I would assume that the comment was of such a nature that it wouldn't be a loss to the community if the offender simply weren't here. To get five hundred people to agree on anything is a miracle alone.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:18 PM   #9
critical bill
Quote:
But I guess that tells allot about the people who run and mod this site. It's like being referred to as Dr. like it is was your name from birth!!! LOL

Wyatt
Do you not recall me telling you that antagonism toward moderators would also earn you warning points?

You just got 5 more warning points and I'd gamble that more are on the way.

Talk about suckers for punishment.....you might be the champ.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #10
Wyatt
Thanks dennis, that was what I needed to know.

Wyatt

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!