Reptile Laws in Tennessee - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #11
Katie.Shinkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR289 View Post
Katie,
Not much of a choice right now as my fiance' lives and works in Memphis and it makes much better sense me selling my GA. house and moving there.....
Not sure if I will get back into breeding again, but would like to have some Corns and Kings again....
The whole turtle thing is ridiculous! Jeez...
That sucks. But, good news is you can KEEP them snakes, just can't breed them And yes, the turtle law is crazy...I want a dang box turtle...lol!

Old 06-20-2011, 01:48 AM   #12
trimbler
You can sell a turtle for "food purposes" and you can own one as long as its not a native species. There's two laws that apply to turtles on his health based the other TWRA. I can get you the links if you like. Loopholes can be used by us too!

Old 06-20-2011, 02:07 AM   #13
Katie.Shinkle
No, I've spoken with a TWRA agent myself concerning this, and they are illegal to keep, native or not.

Using loopholes is NOT going to shed good light on the herp community. I choose not to darken the views of others on us by breaking the law...or finding 'loopholes'. E-mail a TWRA agent, they'll tell you the same thing they told me. Illegal.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:36 AM   #14
trimbler
I still think its legal but I will be doing that. I've been in this discussions with others I read the actual laws and it really doesn't say its illegal to own. I'll repost once I hear back from TWRA.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #15
Dragonman88
Angry Laws

The laws here are ridiculous, $250 for a permit to breed corns and kings...really? Yes, really. Including no notice inspections....anytime. No turtles, period. That's why the nearest reptile show is in Southaven, MS 3 miles from the border!
I have personally emailed both USARK and REXANO about this issue and never get any replies. I know they are busy with the national scene however if they can changes laws in TN, they could do it anywhere.
Some reasonable changes could include perhaps allowing tortoises as pets and certain species of turtles, so long as there are no sales to minors.Also backing off the colubrid permit, even a reduction to say $75 or $50 would be a huge step. This would make a lot of people much more "upfront" rather than hiding their hobby.
Bringing shows into the state would help boost revenue. I used to think Georgia had ridiculous laws, but I think TN tops the list.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!