Fluker's Repta-Aid? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-17-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
-JayDog-
Fluker's Repta-Aid?

I was in Petco buying some bedding and came across the Repta-Aid. It said it's meant to help herps that may be dehydrated or sick. I picked up a box to have on hand in case of an emergency and was wondering if anybody has used this product, and how did it work. Is it even safe for Leos?

Below is a description from Fluker's:

Emergency-Aid

Reptiles introduced into new enviroments may stop eating (anorexia) and drinking. If left untreated, these animals can become dehydrated or develop nutrition-related diseases. Emergency Aid was developed to assist these animals during these periods of stress. Emergency Aid is a supplement specially formulated to provide energy and fluid support for malnourished and dehydrated reptiles. It is available in a 50 gram size and includes measuring spoon and feeding syringe.

- Rehydrates herbivorous reptiles
- Provides essential calories to injured or sick reptiles
- Assists recently acquired reptiles to provide important fluids and calories at times of high stress.
- Supplies critical care support for herbivorous reptiles.

Thanks,
Jason

Old 02-17-2005, 07:33 PM   #2
geckogrl6
jay, I have tried this stuff for my little Peaches, who eventually died of kidney failure. Take it back, save yourself the money, and use baby food, ensure, or pedialyte as neccesary.

Old 02-17-2005, 11:07 PM   #3
Manhattan Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JayDog-
- Rehydrates herbivorous reptiles
IMHO i would have put it down when i read that, herbivorous reptiles are herps who's diet consist of mainly greens and fruit (I.E, Green iguanas.)

theoretically speaking..If you baught it because your leo was dehydrated, it would not have any effect since leos are insectivorous and it clearly states that it rehydrates herbivorous herps, waste of money

if your gecko was showing signs of illness, only a vet visit, and meds prescribed by the vet would cure it...most of the time

Old 02-18-2005, 01:41 AM   #4
Xelda
For seriously malnourished reptiles, you want to rehydrate them BEFORE you pump them full of calories. Overloading them with calories before they've had a proper hydration period is what inadvertently kills them most of the time.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust anything that's Flukers. :-x

Old 02-18-2005, 11:22 AM   #5
-JayDog-
My Leos are fine, I just never seen that before and thought it might be handy to have incase of a need for it. There are actually two types, the one for the plant eaters and one for the insect eaters. I, obviously got the one for insect eaters. But there seems to be a lot of bad vibes towards this product, so I'll return it.

Thanks guys.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!