My Latest Edition!!! :D What morph is it? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-12-2006, 09:02 AM   #1
(hed)420
Question My Latest Edition!!! :D What morph is it?

Hi guys, been awhile since I posted here. Anyways...

I just got a new leopard gecko yesterday and I just want to know what morph she/he is? I believe it's a snow but not 100% sure. I've seen some people sell snow leopards for over $200 but they look like normal leopards to me. It's just confussing. O_o

I haven't even really checked it's sex. I just took a quick look and she looked like a female to me. I wasn't even looking for a gecko but I knew there was something special about her. Besides, she was cheap.

I got her mostly because I needed some money and thought I could make a profit. I wanna know her morph and what I could probably get for her. I got her for only $20! After I get the info, I'll probably sell her or I was thinking of keeping her and starting a snow colony. Is breeding her worth it?

Hmm.. I suck at taking pics so I took several photos of her using different settings on my digital cam. Can anyone here please give me tips / settings on how to take pics of reptiles and make them look exactly how you see them with your own eyes?
Sorry about the pic size. I couldn't figure out how to resize them :/ Tips please. I also got another unrelated question. How can I add an avatar to my profile? I tried using the "Edit Avatar" option in "User CP" but all I get is a radio button that says "Do not use an avatar" and it doesn't let me unclick it! ;(

Old 08-12-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
van_veen456
i would say normal...but since she/he/it is brown instead of black it could be a normal albino...

Old 08-12-2006, 01:00 PM   #3
snowgyre
She looks like a normal to me. She's a little skinny too and the picture doesn't make her look too healthy with the closed eyes and all. I hope she's more active than the picture implies?

Where did you purchase her from? The local petshop? If so, she's probably not an albino. Pet shops like to charge ludicrous amounts of money for albinos for some reason.

She is certainly pale but I wouldn't go so far as to call her a "snow". That would be mislabeling her. Perhaps calling her a pastel normal would be appropriate?

I wouldn't breed her until she's at least 50 grams and has a clean bill of health.

Old 08-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #4
(hed)420
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre
She looks like a normal to me. She's a little skinny too and the picture doesn't make her look too healthy with the closed eyes and all. I hope she's more active than the picture implies?
She was sleeping when I took the pic. I lifted her hiding place and took the pic without her even noticing. As for the skinny part, yeah she is, I bought her at a major local petshop and I noticed that all geckos there are always sick. She was the most healthiest one there. I plan on bringing her back to health. As for activeness, she is very active. I always find her running around the entire cage. When I took the pic, it was the only time I have caught her sleeping.

Quote:
Where did you purchase her from? The local petshop? If so, she's probably not an albino. Pet shops like to charge ludicrous amounts of money for albinos for some reason.

She is certainly pale but I wouldn't go so far as to call her a "snow". That would be mislabeling her. Perhaps calling her a pastel normal would be appropriate?
She is definately not a an albino. I got her from the normals tank. All the other geckos there where high yellows. She looks almost completely white between the bands, with acouple yellow dots on the sides of her midsection, and she's more pale then the pastels I normally see.

Quote:
I wouldn't breed her until she's at least 50 grams and has a clean bill of health.
Yeah I know, she's still a baby she's no bigger than 3" in lenth. I'd say that she's probably between 1 and 2 months old.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!