This is really annoying... scam! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-10-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
pogonadragon
Thumbs down This is really annoying... scam!

I have received MANY poorly worded/spelled emails from "overseas business people... princes, etc" in response to an ad I (I now know to be stupidly placed) on www.wantadsonline.com...
I almost feel obligated to warn anyone from posting an ad there because I can't tell you all how many ridiculous emails I have gotten saying how so and so is very interested in my product, blah blah blah...
Anyways, I know this isn't a new topic, but I wanted to post that link because it has brought too much trouble into my cyber world!

Old 09-10-2005, 10:10 PM   #2
Clay Davenport
It's not just at those type classified sites. It's a serious problem at the k.com classifieds. I've gotten dozens of the cashier's check scam inquiries this summer from ads I posted on kingsnake. Particularly on my jungle carpet python ads for some reason.
I wish there was some way to curb it. You get an email thinking it's a legitimate interest only to see that crap.

Interestingly I haven't had it happen with any ads I have posted on this site.

Old 09-11-2005, 02:45 AM   #3
South Dixie Dragons
it seems like they are hot this week. I got 2 offers to buy some animals from me. I had never been approached before with over seas buyers. I was suspicious only because of the fact that they were willing to pay a crazy amount of money to have the animals shipped over seas..I thought to myself "What? do they not have good reptiles in the UK?" so I posted a thread here on Fauna and got quite an education...
They are very annoying to say the least..

Old 09-16-2005, 08:29 PM   #4
pogonadragon
Yeah, annoying is a nice way to put it... sad thing is they make you look at ANY email of interest about animals for sale even if they seem legit... However, it's pretty obvious when you have someone saying they are a prince from overseas wanting to share millions with you or you won a UK lottery... lol, those ones don't even make you think they are real. I just copy/paste every one now including the senders (probably phony) email address to the FBI...
On the FBI website they actually specify emails from "Nigerian Royalty" as major internet scams and they want you to send them those emails... I figure, if they can get any of those people, I'll send each one!

Old 09-16-2005, 08:33 PM   #5
Cat_72
I got an email today from a beautiful young Russian girl wanting to marry me so she can move to this country, I just have to send her the money to get here....hehehehe....spose it was a scam?

Especially since I'm FEMALE, somehow it seems just a touch ODD. LOL. Stupid scammers.

It's got to be just about impossible to track down all of the people out there creating these scams, and they know it. It's a good thing they ain't very bright................

Old 09-16-2005, 08:38 PM   #6
South Dixie Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I got an email today from a beautiful young Russian girl wanting to marry me so she can move to this country, I just have to send her the money to get here....hehehehe....spose it was a scam?

Especially since I'm FEMALE, somehow it seems just a touch ODD. LOL. Stupid scammers.

Now Cat...is there something your not telling us?? I though you were done with the mail order bride catalogs! What did we tell you about that!!

Old 09-16-2005, 08:48 PM   #7
Cat_72
Well, uh, yeah..but, but......I NEVER ordered a bride from Russia. Other countries, perhaps...but never Russia. Heh heh heh.

I guess maybe it came from the same place that sends me all of the "penis enlargement" emails.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:04 PM   #8
South Dixie Dragons
ok! now I am mad! How come I don't get the "penis enlargement" offers like you do???!! What's up with that!?

Must be a package deal when you order a bride...

Old 09-17-2005, 01:36 AM   #9
Cat_72
I could send em your address if ya like....lol.

Old 09-17-2005, 09:13 AM   #10
South Dixie Dragons
Better yet, just give them my boyfriend's email address!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!