For Sale Silkworms Mask Face eggs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Feed and Feeders For Sale/Wanted

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
ladysilkworm
Silkworms Mask Face eggs

I have naturally laid, silkworm eggs for sale.

FRESH, just laid. Guaranteed fertile. They have already started changing color and will get only deeper by the days. Will hatch without a doubt in this weather.

keep at room temp from 75 to 85 and will hatch within a week by the time they are received.

I do not use petri dish. I let the moths lay on the most natural pattern on colored cardstock. Some suppliers scrape them off the paper and glue them down on petri dish. The eggs end up overlapped and land on the wrong edge. Therefore, hatch rate is compromised. If you have ever hatched from a petri dish you can see trapped silkworms unable to get out of their shell!!

A silkmoth never overlaps her eggs and they always end up being laid right side up LOL. There may also be some natural staining as the silkmoths sometimes excrete meconium. yes, meconium.

Shipping is free!! I double pack them (not airtight) and use regular shipping for 44 cents.

I have

200+ 300+ and 400+ eggs. With tremendous overcount because I get tired of counting! Sorry I have no chow available at this point. You need access to mulberry leaves and should have had experience hatching silkworms.

200+ goes for $6
300+ goes for $8
400+ goes for $10
500+ goes for $12

SHIPPING INCLUDED

Laid and shipped as they go!!
These are the regular mask face strains...your every day silkworms.

Please email to ladysilkworm@gmail.com

paypal only.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 07-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
ladysilkworm
About the Legend of the Lady Silkworm

Legend has it that the Lady Silkworm lives at the valley of the mountain.
Long ago, in the province of Hangzhou lived a beautiful, capable little girl named Ah-Qiao. When Ah-Qiao was 9 years old, her mother passed away, leaving Ah-Giao and her 4 year old brother alone to her father. Soon the evil stepmother came into the scene. One day, in the dead of winter, stepmother commanded Ah-Qiao to fetch grass for the sheeps. But in the midst of this deep freeze, where would there be fresh grass? Ah-Qiao ran from morning till night, from the streams to the valleys, and found no fresh grass. She was cold and scared. She sat by a rock and wept. Suddenly, she heard a voice,
“To get fresh grass, go to the valley!”
“To get fresh grass, go to the valley!”
“Ah-Qiao lifted up her head and saw a whit- necked bird flying toward the mountains. She stood up, wiped her tears and took follow. The white-necked bird suddenly made a turn and disappeared, but Ah-Qiao was taken aback by the scene ahead of her: there was an old juniper, whose luscious branches were as big as an umbrella. It canopied over the entire area. Ah-Qiao brushed away the branches, made her way around the statuesque tree and saw water flowing through a stream. Beautiful flowers and green grass adorned the banks, looking like a beautiful spring day.
Ah-Qiao proceeded to cut and collect the grass. But unknowingly, she was slowly making her way down stream.
As her basket became filled, she stood up to wipe her forehead. Not far away stood a beautiful lady all dressed in white. She was smiling and waving at her:
Ah-Qiao looked up, in front of her eyes appeared another world! There was a row of houses with white walls and white shingles. In front of the houses was a small grouping of trees, whose glossy leaves were larger than her palms. There were many white clothed ladies. Each of them carried a basket, singing and laughing, picking leaves off those trees.
“Little girl, what a rare guest! Come stay with us for a few days!”
Ah-Qiao was quite pleased with the offer, and decidedly stayed on.
Ah-Giao made this place her home. She picked leaves during the day and during the nights she fed these leaves to white little caterpillars. Overtime, these caterpillars grew. They spun walnut-like snow-white cocoons. They were silk. The white-clothes ladies taught Ah-Qiao to pull, spin and color the silk threads. These white caterpillars are known as “heaven worms”(天虫). The leaves are mulberry leaves. They made beautiful dresses and gowns out of these silk. These clothes were to be worn by the heaven god and goddesses.
Three months had passed. Ah-Qiao missed her brother dearly. One day at the crack of dawn she took leave, without saying goodbye to the white clothed ladies.
But before she left, Ah-Qiao took with her a sheet of freshly laid “Heaven worm” eggs. She also took with her two bagful of mulberry leaves. As she walked on, she threw them onto the ground, marking her trail for next day’s return trip.
Ah-Qiao arrived home and found 15 years had already gone by. Brother and father anxiously inquired Ah-Qiao’s whereabouts.
Ah-Qiao told them the whole story. The neighbors heard, and they said she had rendezvoused with the fairies.
The next day morning, Ah-Qiao started to head her way back to the mountain valley. Instead of finding a trail of leaves, she was surprised upon by the fully grown trees. She followed the tree-outlined trail and reached her destination. The old juniper stood the same but she couldn’t find the way in.

As she stood there looking dumbfounded, the white-necked bird flew from behind the tree, and quacked
“Ah-Qiao stole treasure! Ah-Qiao stole treasure!”
It suddenly occurred to Ah-Qiao that she didn’t say her goodbyes to the white-clothed ladies before she left. Not only that, they must also be upset with her for taking the eggs and the mulberry leaves. This was the reason that the roads had become hidden from her.
Ah-Qiao returned home and hatched the eggs and fed them the hatchling leaves. She started rearing “heaven worms” in her home.
This was how “Heaven worms” ended up on earth and became domesticated by the humans. The Chinese character, “heaven”(天) when placed above the character “worm”(虫)becomes the character “silkworm” (蚕). Legend has it, that the white clothes lady that Ah-Qiao met with, was the goddess that raised and watched over the silkworms.

She was Lady Silkworm.

www.ladysilkworm.com website already under construction.
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
ladysilkworm
forgot her picture.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 07-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #4
joseydiann
DO NOT buy eggs from this lady! She does in deed ship them in a plain white letter envelop and they get crushed in shipping, you get nasty mashed eggs. She then refuses to ship them any other way and will NOT give you a refund.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:46 PM   #5
ladysilkworm
Amanda, at least I use my real name. Defame me all you want.

You just keep on scamming ppl for free stuff. I won't send you free stuff for the 3rd time.

I feel bad for you.
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #6
joseydiann
Free stuff? I paid you!!!!!!!!! And have no worms because you won't replace them or give me a refund, it's that simple..

You already got ran off another site!

And I do use my real name..

Old 07-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #7
ladysilkworm
Just keep lying..
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread