SOLD!! Early '09 Female Leucistic Ratsnake - No Bug-Eyes - Good Disposition! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes

Notices

Old 07-31-2010, 11:55 PM   #1
Labinnah
Early '09 Female Leucistic Ratsnake - No Bug-Eyes - Good Disposition!

Sold! Thanks a ton PCJReptiles!

---------------------------------
I have a female leucistic ratsnake that needs to find a good home. I'd purchased her recently, but her future mate went AWOL and hasn't yet returned, so I've decided to scrap the breeding project.

She's got a surprisingly good disposition for a leucy rat, will rattle her tail, but hasn't struck once (the sole exception being the first time I sexed her). Is a little flighty first out of the cage, but calms down easily, regular handling seems to keep her 'tame'. She's got a lovely head, no bug eyes, very nice silvery-blue colour to them. Eats well on f/t, a little hestitant with live, but doesn't turn down meals. She's growing very quickly and would be an excellent addition to a collection, great potential breeder.

I'm looking to trade for a blizzard cornsnake, or maybe a hatchling pair? Other offers would be considered as well, corns are really my preference though. I'd sell her for $65 +shipping, let me know your zip code, but it's usually between $30-45ish. Again, I'm willing to negotiate. I'm in Irving, TX and would meet up for local trade/sale too.

Pictures below (I'm sorry the last one is so blurry! Didn't realize it until I'd uploaded it, but it's mainly to show you her size )

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks for looking!
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 08-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
maryboa
I've been looking for a leucistic ratsnake for educational purposes. I know you said she has a good disposition but wanted to also know if she is cage aggressive. Once she calms down does she move around a lot or does she eventually settle in your hands?

Old 08-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
Labinnah
If you just reach in and pick her up, she's not any problem. A little flighty sometimes, but not aggressive. If you're moving slow, or messing with things in the cage, she'll rattle some and raise up a bit, but hasn't ever struck at me I do think she'd be a good snake for educational purposes because of how well she calms down with regular holding (and I assume that with continued regular holding, she'd probably be even better as she gets older).

As far as being held, once she's calm, she'll move some, the normal cruising around your hands and whatnot, but doesn't stay perfectly still or anything. She does settle, and hasn't tried to launch away like some of em will
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #4
maryboa
Thank you for the quick response. Currently what type of enclosure are you housing her in? How often do you feed her f/t? Mice or rats?

Old 08-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #5
Labinnah
No problem! She's got a ten gallon to herself at the moment, getting one f/t mouse a week. Just let me know if you have anymore questions, thanks!
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #6
maryboa
Do you have a uth or bulb for heat? Does she have the option to climb and if so does she take advantage of it or does she prefer being on the ground? How are her sheds? To keep her "tame" how often do you handle her? Have any kids handled her? I appreciate your time with all the questions...

What would be shipping costs to 60613?

Old 08-01-2010, 11:39 PM   #7
Labinnah
Haha, no worries, do you wanna send me a message? She has a under tank heater right now, her enclosure is moderately decorated and she does explore from time to time (driftwood pieces and whatnot), her sheds are regular and easy, she likes to soak, and is growing fast. I handle her daily, usually after work, and while I haven't had kids handle her, I do have friends who are also into herps who've handled her without problems.

Shipping to your location with FedEx looks like it's $42, if you're interested in her, I'd round the price down to $100 shipped. If you have a trade offer, just let me know! Thanks!
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-02-2010, 12:07 AM   #8
maryboa
Sent a pm

Old 08-02-2010, 12:36 AM   #9
Labinnah
Odd, I haven't received it. No worries, maybe something's wrong with my inbox, we can discuss it here
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-02-2010, 12:54 AM   #10
maryboa
Sorry not sure what happened.

Your leucy is just stunning! I am still waiting if a friend is willing to let go of his female leucy. It is a local sale and I know his snake is very tame and used to kids.

If he decides to keep her than would you consider holding your snake for 2 weeks (after payment received) before shipment because my snakes have custom wooden enclosures and would need time to have one built for her. I will know hopefully by Wednesday this week.

When you feed her does she take it off tongs or just lay it in her cage? Do you transfer her to another cage to eat?

Again, I appreciate your time with all the questions...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!