What are your 'other' hobbies? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:49 AM   #1
Focal
What are your 'other' hobbies?

Just curious. I've meet and/or talked to a few people on here and it seems like most people have other hobbies that are just as big, if not bigger, than their reptile fascination. Go ahead and post some pics or describe them, I'm itching to know how much everyone differs since we all know we have at least one thing in common.

Although it has faded some since most of my money is dumped into my snakes, I still try to keep my automotive hobby going. I like to work on cars and meet online with other BMW enthusiast and go for long drives in groups, meet up and shoot the crap in a parking lot, or do some track time. We're all a bunch of nerds, lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bmwmigration099.jpg (236.7 KB, 239 views)
File Type: jpg bmwmigration012.jpg (88.1 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg 3537520399_834f14c599.jpg (157.2 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00020u.jpg (81.0 KB, 241 views)

Old 01-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
MDC_Ophiuchus
I collect toy dinosaurs. Specifically the little ones made by Sarafi, LTD.

I know, a little elementary, but I don't care. They please me.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
Focal
Heck yeah, I just looked them up and they are pretty neat! I use to collect Homies, like these:

Old 01-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
kellysballs
I have a few other hobbies that I obsess over.

I LOVE to dive, I own all my gear (except tanks) and I try to go once a month. But even though I own my gear it is still expensive to go dive and I only went 6 or so times last year.

I also love to surf. I just learned this past summer with my daughter and while we both bite still it is so amazing to paddle out and be in the water. We recently bought some boards and have a nice little quiver to start the next season with. (It's just a little to cold to surf now.)

I also really enjoy my saltwater reef tank. I just recently upgraded to a 125gallon with 200lbs of live rock, volcanic black sand, 4x96 watt 420nm actinic pc's, 3 250 10K (soon to be 20K) metal halides, 1 purple tang, 3 yellow coris wrasse, 1 divided leopard wrasse, a cleaner wrasse, an algea blenny and blue linka. I also have some zoa's, a couple leathers, lime green star polyps and 2 crocea clams.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
TheFragginDragon
I collect dragon figurines and artwork (go figure ). I'm also an amateur radio operator (KC8RFP), although I haven't been as active as I'd like to be.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
Mistyck
I collect Mardi Gras Masks (the porcelain/ceramic ones.) Plus I read, and collect almost every book I read, so I can go back and reread them. I'm also a huge G'n'R fan, and have every album by them, along with some books and photos. (Cheesy; yes, but I love them!)

Old 01-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #7
SamanthaJane13
I collect odd-ball Beanie Babies, gecko art, and Native American artwork & jewelry.

If I tell you more, I'll have to kill you...that's another of my hobbies.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #8
Miss Tuniwha
MUSIC! I LOOOOVE to sing!! But also putz with a variety of instruments here and there. I have a couple guitars, and pianos.. used to play drums and whatever else I could get my hands on.

I also LOVE to do photography.. you can see some of my photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hockadayphotography

I am the crafty type.. I make Jewelry.. Here are a couple necklaces I made .. http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture219.jpg

Also. .. I draw .. not as much as I used to, but still do..

I also collect antiques.. coins/books/dolls etc..

And yes.. I have A.D.D. ... LOL

Old 01-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #9
mmdragons
I love to draw, I can only draw like random things haha. I also collect old time soda bottles and beer and whiskey (spelling?lol). I have all the big name ones accept sprit and a coke a cola one from the US I have a coke from Mexico. I also have ones no ones heard of like pic n' mix from nothern Wis. 90% of my bottles I personally found this is what I like to draw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01543.jpg (272.2 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01544.jpg (274.0 KB, 218 views)

Old 01-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #10
Shadera
I've got a whole bunch of hobbies, mainly focused on making things. I do paper, soap, candles, woodburning, etching, pysanky, and some other stuff. I also enjoy roses, birds, reading, anything outdoors, drawing, and gardening among others.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!