Good Guy hboyles66 (Hank Boyles) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
jamesa2580
Thumbs up hboyles66 (Hank Boyles)

I've done a few purchases from Hank as well as a trade. He's always great to work with and very responsive. I can definitely say he's a good guy. I will continue to work with Hank.

Jim Moorman

Old 05-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
jamesa2580
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Thanks for the link. Sorry Hank had a bad experience with what appeared to be an impatient buyer, but my opinion of him doesn't change. I have had good experiences with him personally on more than one occasion and have no problem recommending him. One bad experience shouldn't brand him a bad guy permanently. It was just that - a bad experience for what seemed like both parties. I'm simply stating that all of my experiences with him were good.

Jim

Old 05-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #4
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesa2580 View Post
I'm simply stating that all of my experiences with him were good.

Jim

Actually...that's not what you are doing. You are asking us to view your experiences as having more weight than the 5th grade crap that went on in that embarrassment of a thread.

It doesn't work that way.

Your good experience is a piece of how Hank does business. The way he handled the other thread is an even bigger piece. Good transactions are easy. It's how you handle a problem that defines you as a seller. Hank handled that one badly and he will have to go to some pretty extreme lengths to repair that testament to lousy customer service.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
jamesa2580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post
Actually...that's not what you are doing. You are asking us to view your experiences as having more weight than the 5th grade crap that went on in that embarrassment of a thread.

It doesn't work that way.

Your good experience is a piece of how Hank does business. The way he handled the other thread is an even bigger piece. Good transactions are easy. It's how you handle a problem that defines you as a seller. Hank handled that one badly and he will have to go to some pretty extreme lengths to repair that testament to lousy customer service.
Apologies if I implied my experience should carry more weight. I could see by the way I wrote it how you might interpret that. That was not my intent. I post good feedback when I have it to post. You'll see I also posted good guy threads on two other members today. If someone ever searches for Hank on this site, they'll see a good experience and a bad one from a couple buyers. They can decide if they want to do business with him. I've had positive experiences and would recommend him. That's all.

Jim

Old 05-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesa2580 View Post
Apologies if I implied my experience should carry more weight. I could see by the way I wrote it how you might interpret that. That was not my intent. I post good feedback when I have it to post. You'll see I also posted good guy threads on two other members today. If someone ever searches for Hank on this site, they'll see a good experience and a bad one from a couple buyers. They can decide if they want to do business with him. I've had positive experiences and would recommend him. That's all.

Jim

Fair enough Jim

Old 05-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
hhmoore
I'm in agreement with John (Suncoast) on this one.
Prospective buyers do like to see positive feedback...no doubt about that. However, the manner in which a seller responds to a complaint/concern is even more important to many of us. In Hank's case, the vast majority of the respondants to that thread saw the situation for what it was...and had Hank simply processed the refund, it would have had minimal impact on anybody's view of him. He chose to take a different course, and withheld the buyer's money until PayPal judged against him and removed the funds for transfer back to the buyer. Maybe you see nothing wrong with that, but I'd be willing to bet you'd sing a different tune if it was your money.
I, for one, have become very careful about the people from whom I buy....and Hank Boyles' response to that situation presented him as risk I am not willing to take.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #8
Focal
I think this all boils down to one thing, if you go into a transaction with respect for each each other, things will end better. The buyer in that thread didn't have a lick of brains and tried to strong-arm a refund through a false paypal claim. Instead of asking the seller for a refund, he asked paypal... so in a sense, the buyer screwed himself.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #9
hhmoore
There were issues on both sides of that transaction - but Mr Boyles could have come out of that untarnished had he not decided to teach Elronza a lesson. I'm not sayint anything about the quality of Mr Boyles' animals, or even that people shouldn't buy from him....but, if a person chooses to excuse/explain failure to do the right thing in a clear cut case by pointing out that he isn't a business man, then I'll make sure he doesn't get my business. What anybody else decides to do is entirely up to them, and is of no concern to me.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #10
brd7666
This is the same person.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=148034

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!