• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Active Diurnal/Nocturnal Tropical Snakes?

achris26

New member
Joined
Mar 27, 2015
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Talbott, TN
Hey guys,

I was wanting to inquire about diurnal tropical snakes. Does anyone know of any that are pretty active and make good display animals? Or even nocturnal ones?

My "issue" is that I bought a Brazilian Rainbow Boa a few years ago with the intent of him being a fun display animal. I have a beautiful vivarium set up for him, and I've had him for about 3 or 4 years now, however he is never out. In the event that I do walk in the room and he is out, he immediately hides. I love the snake, and I handle him regularly, but I was really hoping he would be more fun to watch as well.

Thanks guys.
 
My carpet python is typically out and about at night. If he isn't he's either in shed or he was fed a day or so ago, so he's in his warm side hide digesting.
 
They’re not necessarily tropical, but carpet pythons make excellent display snakes and if kept the right way, will be out on display 24/7. They love to climb so the way I keep them is to have sturdy branches For them to bask and climb on. Give them heat lights as opposed to belly heat. Set up your lightning so they have to climb up close to the light to hit the appropriate basking temperatures. My carpets sleep up in the branches and only really get active when they’re due for a feed at night. They're very attractive snakes to look at as well regardless of if you chose to purchase a designer snake or a wild type. It’s also worth mentioning that they’re very hardy easy to keep snakes as well.
 
Back
Top