FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Crappy Shipping Practices-Kevin Olbrych owner Suncoast Reptiles
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 02:28 PM   #51
neilg
Quote:
Originally Posted by imabirdmom View Post
As far as my previous shipment of baby Elongateds I also posted that disaster on Fauna http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=529271.

I'm tempted to contact animal control yet involving them could spiral into something bigger perhaps making shipping reptiles illegal which would screw us all. I ship and even the $50 pet gecko get's a fully insulated box, deli cup, newspaper padding and heat if applicable. It's called COST OF DOING BUSINESS! If you can't afford it then do us all a favor and get out!
RIP baby elongated(s)!

what's scary is Martha used SYR (she did, right? cause i see SYR commentary mentioned in that thread multiple times) yet the packaging clearly WAS NOT reptile certified.. which brings up a very important concern, where shipping reptiles generally ALREADY isn't supported by Fedex except in some certified shippers are reselling use of their account without any supervision of the packaging. a can of worms indeed because who knows how many other tortoises, turtles, etc are being shipped without padding and arriving DEAD day in and day out i highly doubt ur 2 experiences alone are the only ones out there where reptiles are practically being THROWN INTO INVERTED USPS BOXES AND DROPPED OFF AT THE CLOSEST FEDEX DROP BOX!