Info John Perkins / Tina Kennedy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
millmoss
John Perkins / Tina Kennedy

So I've included the entirety of our communication in the screen below. Happy to clarify anything. I'm fairly new to the hobby - have bought rubber boas and dubias off here. This deal was initiated on another classified site. However, I do use the BOI and wanted to contribute.

I really wanted to label this a Bad Guy thread. I'm not familiar with the rules and protocols though, so I just kept it at info. You can make your own opinions. I however, would not recommend dealing with him / them.

I also believe, based on finding the John Perkins / geckoman threads after discovering that's who I was paying, that Tina Kennedy is either a real or imaginary John Perkins. Those familiar with his communication style will probably notice the similarities towards the end. That is my opinion though. I unfortunately didn't have any idea about John Perkins until the name came up in the paypal transactions. Then it was just hold on and hope for the best.

Also, sorry in advance for posting the entire conversation. It's long and painful to watch. But I've seen enough of these threads to know that it's better to include everything.

I will say one other thing. The snake came wrapped well and was in perfect health. In this case though, that was unfortunately moot.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
millmoss
Sorry, it should say "that Tina Kennedy is either a real or imaginary front for John Perkins."

Old 10-26-2013, 02:11 AM   #3
KORBIN5895
Have you tried a charge back? When you do make sure you include a copy of the emails where they charge you for PayPal.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:17 AM   #4
chazzz
Wow that sucks Jeremy I'm sorry!! Since you used your debit card you could most likely do a charge back through your bank, as PayPal won't be of any help in this situation due to it being a live animal and an item was shipped and received. But I would mention to PayPal as Kevin mentioned about charging you the PayPal fee which is against PayPal's TOS. I don't know if that will have any bearing on getting a refund through PayPal I would imagine they make John/Tina refund you the fee. Going against PayPals TOS regarding their fee will be an issue between PayPal and John Perkin's account, not sure what the penalty is. But there is also the issue of Tina Kennedy connected to that email address that's connected to PayPal which is under the name of John Perkins. I'm sure Kingsnake would like to be aware of this issue as well. Maybe John Perkins is banned from posting ads on KS.

Nothing much else to say other than that is most certainly a rough green snake. The small photos were hard to tell at first until I saw the head pic.

Good luck I hope it turns out in your favor!!

Old 10-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
hhmoore
What was the location listed on the ad?

Have you notified Tina/John of this thread?

Old 10-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #6
millmoss
The shipped from address was:

Serpents Den
222 Appleblossom Dr
North Cape May NJ, 08204

And I did tell him/her that I would be posting to the BOI. I have not sent a link to the specific thread, and based on the last email, will not be contacting them again.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #7
LauraB
You likely are dealing with this Fauna user, who has put up at least one ad in September, but which ad has since been deleted.

And not to be confused with Steve Markevich, Serpent's Den in PA.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #8
millmoss
On top of all the above, the 'male' rough green snake I was sold just laid eggs. Priceless!

Old 03-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #9
Ed Clark
Jeremy, seems like your info on first post is gone. it does not show for me.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:50 PM   #10
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Jeremy, seems like your info on first post is gone. it does not show for me.

He needs to download it as an attachment, it is gone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!