DHL pulled my account - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 01-05-2005, 08:46 PM   #1
SPJ
DHL pulled my account

I had the account for years with Airborne and never had a problem. They new what I shipped. It was marked on the boxes and when I first applied for the account I stated what I would be shipping. Never a problem. Then comes along DHL who has screwed up royally on a number of shipments. Never picked up like they were supposed even though I had a confirmation number. Sent my packages to the wrong airports across the country by mistake and took extra days to arrive where they were going. Thankfully they animals were all packed well and made it through the screwups. Now, most recently, they lost a shipment on me. I declared the value and put on the airbill what it was. I called CS to complain that they need to find the box and deliver it before the animal dies. They just basically said "sorry", we'll try to find it. Well, yesterday, I get a letter saying they are cancelling my account due to shipping violations. They DO NOT ALLOW ANY LIVE ANIMAL shipments. I called them today and they claim they never knew what I shipped until I filed the claim. They have never allowed an live animal shipments (including insects, fish, reptiles, and mammals) and have closed my account because of abuses.
This is total crap. They just don't want to pay the claim. I never lost a box, or had an animal die with Airborne. Now within a few months of DHL taking over, they lose shipments, delay shipments, and cancel my shipping account.
Now I need to find a new shipper.
Avoid DHL. It's not worth the hassle to deal with them.

Old 01-06-2005, 12:59 AM   #2
8BallPythons
Over the summer I got FedEx certified for shipping snakes and it's worked out very well. Everyone that I've dealt with at FedEx has been extremely helpful and they are all very excited about the program. Sounds like you might want to give them a try??

Hope this helps.

-adam

Old 01-06-2005, 02:37 AM   #3
MGReptiles
I beleive that might be a blessing for you! They suck big time.. Here is a pic of what they sent me last time!!

A 450.00 Dh Ghost boa.. Go with Adams suggestion and use FedEx...

Old 01-06-2005, 06:07 AM   #4
DAND
I'd go to FedEx but I wouldn't stop the claim with DHL. If they took over a company/merged or whatever, then they should have notified you of any changes, not after you make a claim. Work your way up the ladder. Everyone has a supervisor.

Old 01-07-2005, 12:51 AM   #5
Clay Davenport
DHL has been taking an active approach to stop all animal shipping through them. Some account holders who paid tens of thousands of dollars annually in shipping fees have been told their business is no longer welcome.

As for the claim, i seriously doubt you'll ever collect simply because of what was in the box. In my opinion, if the box is never found then they owe you the value just as they would if it were some other object. If however it is found in two weeks and delivered dead, they'll pay nothing at all because as far as they are concerned they still did their job.
What it will come down to though I would say is they'll tell you you never should have shipped a prohibited item in the first place and will refuse to pay anything other than possibly the return of shipping charges due to failure to deliver on time.

I use FedEx myself, and they've provided excellent service to date.
DHL is going downhill in all areas. A friend of mine recently received three non animal shipments from them in a weeks time. All three were severely damaged and wrapped in tape just to hold the box together.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!