Anyone else get these ??? Please read. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 12-27-2003, 12:50 PM   #11
The BoidSmith
Ray,

You made some very valid points.

Quote:
There are no more crooks percentage wise in the business now than there was 20 years ago.
Not so sure about that one though. It could be that as you said communications were not as good years ago. But it seems as if crime has increased over the years. Years ago milk was delivered to our door in glass bottles, just imagine, we used to leave the money in the empty bottles just in our porch! Locking your car? What was the point! I do believe things have changed quite a bit.

Quote:
However, with the "information age" has come better communication!
Yes, I agree. And with it the TV. In MHO a very powerful teaching tool, both for good and for bad.

Quote:
In addition it's always human nature to point out the bad.
You know what my dream was sometime ago? A newspaper that will only broadcast good news. Imagine the cover, only good deeds, successful people, etc. Will it outsell the national enquirer though. mmhhh?

Quote:
The good in people is what we expect.
Absolutely. In fact if you are always expecting the worse in people you will not be able to tell a righteous person from a crook when they approach you.

Quote:
Maybe that's why we do not see that many "good guy" posts.
True. That and because the person that was scammed also expected the good and he/she did not get it. Out of his honesty he doesn't want someone to go though what he went through. In my first "internet experience" I was scammed badly by a guy with plenty of good references (he has now dissappeared from the herp business). It was at that time a very hard experience that probably set me back years in my breeding plans. At that point in time I have never heard of the BOI.

Quote:
Just think of how many thousands of shipments go out that are "just what the customer ordered"!
Yes, I agree 100%. How many good guys post do you read from Ralph Davis, The Barkers, or The Sutherlands? Not that many right? Do they care? Not at all! That's because they "live good business", and everyone knows you can't go wrong with them.

Want good reading for a rainy day? Read the article "The measure of experience" at the VPI web page. I know you among others will enjoy it as much as I did.

Regards

Old 01-28-2004, 01:20 AM   #12
loggman88
Ray, I'm really sorry about the loggman88@justplainstupidinc.com thing, that was my old email account because my friends and I used to make videos that were takeoffs of "Jackass" that were called just plain stupid, so we had that website. I'm very sorry, I was used to typing that in on kingsnake, so I accidentally put that instead of my new email address (loggman88@herptrader.com). Sorry for the confusion, I've made sure it wont happen again to anyone.

Old 01-28-2004, 09:00 AM   #13
herpetological
Not a problem Logan.. Thanks.

Old 02-17-2004, 02:53 AM   #14
sputnik
HUH

Ray,

I sell stuff and know what your getting at. If you make spelling mistakes... no big deal, hell, we all do. As long as we and you and them know what you are talking about, who cares?

emails from the "usual" people with a negative IQ are common place. Best deleted and forgotten about... not easy, I know I just wish some of these people would get a grip, but it happens no matter what business you are in.

Old 02-17-2004, 10:06 AM   #15
sschind
You could look at it as though these people are doing you a favor.

When I see things in ads that turn me off I just ignore them and all future ads from the same person. Sellers will never know what it is that is keeping me from looking at their ads. By sending you these emails these people are actually (although it is doubtful that this is their intention) helping you. By making you aware of things that may cause others like myself to skip your ads and not say anything about it, you may take better care in the future to not make the same mistakes. If it were worth the time, and it probably isn't because as you have said most of these emails will not allow a response, you could write a nice thank you message.

Something like

" thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding my ad for the ????. Sometimes in my endevor to create the best possible conditions for my animals I overlook what I consider to be such petty concerns. It is clear to me now that to people who are much smarter than I do not consider these matters petty. In fact I had no Idea that there were people such as yourself who were so concerned with pointing out the mistakes of others with the sole intention of making them better human beings. In the future I will try to become the better person that you are encouraging me to be. Taking the time to point out my faults only shows me that you care, and that you have confidence in me that I can change. That alone would be enough to inspire anyone to try to become a better person. It will not be easy, but I will give it my best effort. I am sure that with you watching over me to help keep me on the right path I will succeed. It will not happen over night. I will probably slip up and revert to my old ways on occasion, but I am sure you and others like you will not waver from your all important duties as the guardians of petty insignificances and eventually help me reach what I now realize should be the goal of every single person on the planet. PERFECTION. I must go now because I am afraid that the tears of joy welling up in my eyes, just from knowing that there is someone out there who cares so much about me, will drip onto my keyboard and short circuit something.

Before I go though I just want to say that you are clearly the most kind, unselfish, and caring individual, that I have ever had the pleasure of becoming aquainted with. Your actions will inspire me to help others. I can only hope that some day I will become 1/2, no make that 1/4, no, 1/10th that man you are. I bid you farewell now and add that I am eternally in your debt, and in awe of your dedication and abilities.

Yours truely and most humbly

Raymond

P.S.

Go F*** yourself" (please note, this is optional)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!