The Perfect Smaller Python? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-23-2007, 08:06 PM   #11
FuzzyMew
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad119
I would also suggest a woma. Very laid back and stylin'.
I would LOVE a woma, but......

I'll never be able to afford that price on an animal alone

Old 07-23-2007, 09:40 PM   #12
romad119
they are dropping so some day.

Old 07-24-2007, 02:08 PM   #13
FuzzyMew
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad119
they are dropping so some day.
And that day I'll probably be the third in line

Old 07-25-2007, 01:47 AM   #14
gekkocha
Hi Michelle,

If you are only going to have one snake I say go with a jungle carpet for two reasons.
1) Size-wise they are right in the middle range of carpet pythons....bigger than Irian Jayas and smaller than coastals. IMO they are a perfect sized python, just big enough to be impressive, but small enough to be easily managable.

2)Jungles are beautiful!! It is hard to beat the "OoooHH" factor of a nice black and yellow jungle. Even people who know nothing about snakes are awed by the sight of a nice trophy jungle. You'll pay more for the nicer ones, but it is worth it!!

You might want to check out the NARBC show in Tinley Park.
http://www.narbc.com/htm2006/tp_show_info.htm
This is a HUGE (look at the vendor list) reptile show that is held annually in the Chicago area.

Charlie

Old 07-25-2007, 09:09 AM   #15
FuzzyMew
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkocha
Hi Michelle,

If you are only going to have one snake I say go with a jungle carpet for two reasons.
1) Size-wise they are right in the middle range of carpet pythons....bigger than Irian Jayas and smaller than coastals. IMO they are a perfect sized python, just big enough to be impressive, but small enough to be easily managable.

2)Jungles are beautiful!! It is hard to beat the "OoooHH" factor of a nice black and yellow jungle. Even people who know nothing about snakes are awed by the sight of a nice trophy jungle. You'll pay more for the nicer ones, but it is worth it!!

You might want to check out the NARBC show in Tinley Park.
http://www.narbc.com/htm2006/tp_show_info.htm
This is a HUGE (look at the vendor list) reptile show that is held annually in the Chicago area.

Charlie
Haha thanks!! Yeah I've been trying to find good care sheets but just haven't come across one yet. I'm def going to NARBC show and if I can convince my parents to go I'll probably pick up a baby carpet! Gosh yes I love Jungle Carpets and I'll probably break and get one!

Haha I'm not sure what you mean by one snake as I have two different snakes and one more is coming, but I'm looking for a wonderful python to compleate my collection!

Old 07-25-2007, 02:39 PM   #16
gekkocha
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyMew
Haha I'm not sure what you mean by one snake as I have two different snakes and one more is coming, but I'm looking for a wonderful python to compleate my collection!
In your opening post you stated that "All I need is one to fulfill my dream collection!".........I guess that gave me the impression that for now you would be limited to just one carpet python. No worries.
Keeping carpets is an addicting hobby!

As far as caresheets goes, Anthony Caponetto provides one on his website that is pretty good.
http://www.acreptiles.com/care_husbandry.htm

Going to Tinely Park in October is an awsome way to compare animals and will give you a great selection to choose from, plus you get to meet and speak to breeders. I'll def be shopping there too ......have fun!

Good Luck,
Cha~

Old 08-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #17
rsross1970
Check out eereptiles.com/austrailian_pythons.htm
I was looking there for a smaller python also and found some really cool looking Capeyork spotted pythons and regular spotted pythons. Thay stay small and really are pretty passive. They are a great choice and to me they are a nice step up from a ball python.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #18
Payara
Check out Morelia Community, it's dedicated to carpets and others in the genus. They have some great care sheets and a lot of info on carpets.

For breeders I recommend Blake @ Python Central and Nick @ Inland Reptiles. Both have helped when I was in the market for a python. I ended up with Bredli because of their calmer and curious personality compared to the Jungles. In the end I bought mine from Blake because Nick didn't have any in stock and Blake was nice enough to hand select one that was the calmest in the bunch.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #19
Payara
Also, you might also want to check Australian Addiction. They have some real nice Spotted and Children. Never purchased from these guys but they were quick to answer any questions I had.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!