Bad Guy Wendy Childs, Reptile Addictions - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #11
Evergreen
Here is her thread selling the store:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=188397

Old 08-20-2010, 10:40 PM   #12
Talkenlate04
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
You might try and run a search here with her name...some of that reading may give you a better idea of how her brain works.
Or you might be more confused!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #13
Wolfy-hound
Well, if she doesn't answer the phone, and doesn't answer emails or list her stuff online, I wouldn't have thought it was a good place to buy from. She doesn't guarentee that she had the snakes you were looking for, before you chose to go pay $5 to walk in to check, right?
I myself probably wouldn't bother going to a place, paying to get in, after the person wouldn't answer the phone or email. It's rather silly to not be open to contact, but as far as charging $5 to walk in? Yeah, it's her choice, and she doesn't force people to come to her store, so.. yeah. Not the best business plan if she wants to make sales, but maybe she thinks it's more likely to make money like a zoo charging admission?

Reading up on her other threads would probably give you reasons to buy from her or not. (probably not, hopefully).

Old 08-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #14
shelliebear
Why in the world is she selling the store? That's sad! I loved all the stuff in there. I loved looking at it. That's why I'm bummed. It's a wonderful place, and I was forever telling all of my friends that if they wanted snakes, frogs, lizards, feeders, etc. TO GO THERE.
I wonder what Wendy will say.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:30 PM   #15
shelliebear
well, I was telling my friends to go there before the 5 dollar fee, anyway. :/

Old 08-20-2010, 11:41 PM   #16
rileyd
I myself am relieved to hear her store was being sold,closing etc. I discontinued doing any business awhile ago. There is a new local shop in northtown mall , another in the valley that has re-opened. Both will probably even answer the phone and to my knowledge there is no admission fee.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #17
Magic Merlin
The admission fee is more than likely to stop the store from being the local hangout for loiterers..........I would love to hear her speech at the door asking for the money.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:19 AM   #18
shelliebear
I've heard of the new store in Northtown, Rasmussen's Reptiles--is Wendy affiliated with them? I wonder if they're..."up to par" with her shop.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:35 AM   #19
millipede
I actually would support an admission fee for animal specialty shops that go the extra mile with presentation and comfortable living conditions for the animals being sold and on display. It can be seen something like a zoo, and perhaps people can become educated that way. Of course, can't speak on the behalf of a store I've never been in, but I like the fantasy idea of better 'pet shops'.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #20
Iraqvet
I cant believe she is tryin to sell it for $500,000...She claims its worth $750,000...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!