Unconventional Marketing - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #11
Southern Wolf
yes it would. This was just an idea that came to me today.... so I thought Id try it out.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #12
LauraB
I love it!
Unconventional catches people's attention. Teamwork reduces the effort and produces better return. Personal, unstuffy approach ("we go to Walmart to hang out in the plastic container section and think of reptile uses for them") helps people identify. I actually laughed when I read that because I do the same - oh wow, what can I use that cool new Sterlite tub for?

Excellent idea, Kevin! And I think Brett will like it, too. He's a good guy to promote.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #13
polasian
At face value, I like this. It shows great customer service because you're going out of your way to track down other animals that buyers might be interested in. It also shows "teamwork" which adds to the community feel of this site.

The one thing I'd be nervous about is...what if something goes bad on his (Brett's) end of the transaction? In your ad you stated the following...

Quote:
If you want to start producing kings next year.... we can help you. Send us a message and we'll get you producing your own kings next year
By saying "we/us"...some people might see this as you implying that you & Brett are working together on this sale...a collaboration of sorts. If Brett's transaction goes south, your name might be included in that eventual BOI Bad Guy thread. I understand that Brett is stand up, and chances are there will be no such issues. However, by placing your name alongside another seller's, you're potentially involving yourself in a situation which you have absolutely no control over.

People with common sense will know (based off of your ad) that you have no affiliation with him (Brett). But, many people lack common sense. I think I once saw a BOI Bad Guy thread with Logician (the programmer for this place) in the title, LOL!!! Apparently this happened when FC was having the attachment issues. The edit note with Logician's name was in the ad and the OP (of the BOI thread) thought that Logician had something to do with the seller who had ripped them off, lol!

If such a BOI thread does arise, then a quick post by you will alleviate your perceived involvement. None-the-less...perhaps its best if you type up a detailed disclaimer within such ads (if you already have and I missed it, then I apologize). Something to the effect of..."DISCLAIMER...I have no affiliations with the 2nd party, I'm simply directing you to an ad with another animal which might fit into your breeding plans."

Quote:
Oh yeah.... I even made him aware of what I have done... but haven't heard back from him yet.
Brett might share these concerns...in which case its probably best to run it by him prior to posting such an ad.

Again, I like this idea...but because of the handful of people who just don't get it, or like to cause trouble...I think you should really protect yourself (the disclaimer) to void any confusion. Either way, good luck!

Old 08-30-2010, 05:44 AM   #14
Brett Boller
Hey Kevien,
I got your PM I am fine with it hope it helps. We all have to find new ways to advertise sometimes. Just been so busy here lately with the new baby I haven't got a chance to get back to ya about it. I think its a pretty good idea, but I would take a few precautions when doing so as suggested by a few others here. You dont want to get a bad rep because someone else messed up. I very rarely have a problem so I dont think this will be an issue.
Thanks for the adv
Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
Oh yeah.... I even made him aware of what I have done... but haven't heard back from him yet.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:51 AM   #15
chamgirl99471
I have to agree Nick.. even the best make mistakes sometimes so a disclaimer would be an excellent idea but the advertisement link idea is really good

Old 08-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #16
sschind
I suppose its not a bad idea until someone with a less than stellar reputation starts piggybacking your animals on with his. Then what are you going to do? Or like others have said what if something goes wrong.

My first impression was that you had gotten prior approval of this from the other guy but it doesn't sound like that is the case. I'm not so sure I would be happy if someone did this with my animal or my ad without my approval. Obviously it would depend on the person but there are more than a couple people on here I wouldn't want my animals associated with.

All in all I think it could be a good idea if certain precautions are taken and all involved are in agreement prior to the post being made.

You are certainly thinking outside the box, at least outside one of your 3 sized boxes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!