Bad Guy (DerekM)Derek Martinez - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:07 AM   #41
crotalusadamanteus
I read it. I just don't agree with your reasoning. They aren't "tame" critters, and you take a chance by owning them. Just as I take a risk for owning Boas, and others take chances owning larger constrictors. I've seen the calmest of pets turn on their owners, even after 15 plus yrs of calm handling and interactiveness. No shipping stress involved either. I've had my Boas on occasion just get grumpy and have all sorts of tries at getting me, then a week later be as chill as they ever been. I have one that never did settle down, and I've had her for 4 yrs now.

Dogs are tame. Rub a little meat on your hand, and put it in your dogs face. They'll lick it clean. Try that with your most "tame" monitor and see what happens. You'll likely need some sutures afterward. Why? Because they are wild and instinctive, not tame.

Although I do agree that the ad indicates it is a calm-ish critter, that don't mean that it wasn't while in his care. Could be something at your place triggering the defensive behavior. New smells, new sights, new atmosphere all around. Could be the shipping stress. Could be maybe the critter just don't like how you look or smell. You just never know how an exotic is going to act, until you have them in your care, and it may not act the same as it did elsewhere. Or given time, it may just prove to be your calmest animal.

Like I said, I read it, I just don't think you're being very reasonable. Take it as a learning lesson, and next time ask the right questions. What else are you going to do if the seller doesn't want the animal back? I read nothing of a guarantee at all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!