clarify which morphs/traits are genetic - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-10-2004, 03:46 PM   #11
Vince
i always thought that stripes and jungles wherent a true morph rather just a result of playing with temps are the right stages. i personaly dont belive that stripe or jungle is a genetic trait. if you breed two normals together you can get true jungles.

Old 04-10-2004, 03:54 PM   #12
KelliH
Quote:
i personaly dont belive that stripe or jungle is a genetic trait.
Sorry but that is incorrect. Robin is correct when she says that not all striped lines are recessive, but the lines I have worked with (Tremper lines) are. For instance, I bred a male Bell Albino to several striped females last year. This year I have a group of their offspring (double het for striped Bell albino). I have hatched 6 babies from this group so far, and 3 of them have been stripes. Simple recessive trait.

Quote:
i personaly dont belive that stripe or jungle is a genetic trait. if you breed two normals together you can get true jungles.
If they are het for stripe :-)

Old 04-10-2004, 04:52 PM   #13
Blazin
KEWWWWLLL!!!

Lets see some pics of those striped Bells and whatever else has popped up lately! COme on my eyes are hungry!

Old 04-10-2004, 06:04 PM   #14
KelliH
Chad- I have only hatched one striped Bell so far but unfortunately it was deformed. More to come soon, I hope!

Old 04-10-2004, 06:06 PM   #15
E2MacPets
Some stripe/jungle bloodlines have a level of dominance. It is probably due to the amount of generations of line breeding.

I bred Bell albinos to my best stripes and jungles last year and I'd say 25% of the offspring were jungles or stripes.

Old 04-11-2004, 01:17 AM   #16
robin d.
Quote:
When you say you think temps may play a role in some jungle/stripe/aberants, are you thinking of fluctuations or high or low temps?
sarah, i think that temp fluctuations like going up and down but with ia safe range (but pushing to the endges) might cause this. i havent tested it ecause i dont know if i could handle pushing the limits and getting dead or deformed babies........ as we know higher temps can effect melanin i think durring certain stages tempature fluctuations can cause pattern mutations as well... it is just a hunch but i have seen and heard of people breeding stripes/jungles/abbarants together and resulting in nothing but normal appearing offspring.

vincent, i have two stripes than when bred together produce 100% striped babies.... i am breeding my male stripe to one of his daughters to see what comes out of it... but my main stripe pair when bred together 1produce 100% stripe from the base of the neck to the tip of the tail

Old 04-11-2004, 04:50 AM   #17
Snakebyt
I think some of it may be what a person considers jungle/striped. I dont consider it jungle unless the tail is abarent, if it has a banded tail is is nothing more than a odd lookinng normal.. but i have seen several called jungle that had banded tails, and i dont think that is genetic

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!