Morphs? Or frauds? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
skywalker67
Morphs? Or frauds?

I was going to purchase 5 high orange veilds from theveildchameleon, until I read up on all the scams Steve Vigo has been a part of. I realized that the yellows, turquoise and orange morphs I don't see any where else. Are these real morphs?

I remember ordering some high oranges from him but they were normals. Now I am not sure who to trust.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
Sirengarg
I would not trust them at all. I don't know much about chameleons. But I do know there are some morphs. Such as high yellow. But don't purchase from them. They owe a lot of people money and animals. It took me months and paperwork showing I was going to take him to court before he finally gave me a snake.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
LauraB
1) DO NOT buy from Steven Vigo or Karin Lieber - even if you happened to get lucky, you'd still be supporting known liars, untrustworthy individuals & questionable care-givers.

2) The high color Veileds are not true morphs, IMO. There are no guarantees that a turquoise, high yellow, "Sunburst" or orangey male will sire offspring of the same quality.
There are reputable cham breeders out there who've spent years breeding specially selected chams for those high colors, but I still don't believe they are considered true morphs.

I'll PM you a list of reputable breeders you can trust.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
rjarosek
They do have morphs. They are created by oversaturation and contrast settings in Photoshop. You can buy from anyone and make their kind of morphs.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:56 AM   #5
Sloanewow
Can you send me that list as well ?

Old 03-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
D. Mong
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjarosek View Post
They do have morphs. They are created by oversaturation and contrast settings in Photoshop. You can buy from anyone and make their kind of morphs.
LMAO!!!........yeah, I see this done quite often. The freakin colors are sometimes so saturated, that the colors can actually glow OFF of the animal's themselves!

When the leaves on a plant, or the grass in the background is a neon dayglow green, that is a pretty good sign someone has tampered with their photos way too much..LOL!

~Doug

Old 03-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
mpbm31
Scammers

I purchased a male turqoise veilded from theveiledchameleon.com and received a female. She was at the most 2-3 weeks old and I wanted one that was a least 2-3 months old, not days or weeks. When I called him and told him I ordered a male not a female he just laughed. I ask if he would send me a male once I sent him the female back and he replied he didn't have any turqoise at the moment. Funny thing was he had 2 ads on kingsnake for juvi's and baby turqoise. I had a funny feeling about him so I started checking and sending false emails asking him for male turqoise and he had plenty then, which was the same day I talked to him. I'm very lucky to get anything from him after all the threads I've read about him ripping people off. I like Jim from ChamCompany. He's always done me right and have always gotten what I wanted plus more for a lesser price. Anyway hope all goes well!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!