Bad Guy I GOT SCAMMED!!! By Randy Gilkerson (lilroc338) of Gilroc Reptiles!!! BEWARE!! - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #121
HerpVenue
You say she is pulling a switcheroo?

Then how come she ended up with a snake that YOU bought from someone else?

But I know you won't asnwer that question. You are going to avoid answering that question because you know it will prove you to be a scammer.
You are going to pretend that you did not see the part in bold. I already know you. I got you figured out. I am playing you like a fiddle now.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:26 AM   #122
rjjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullies&balls View Post
It would be better and more fun to have all the gus here local he has scammed and ran his mouth at to go to his FACILITY and ASK POLITLY for her snake back, along with the others he scammed, like the pair of DH albino pieds LOL
I an with you!! let's go!! I know you was the talk of the place because I told everyone, at every booth that I talked to!! Trust me I told everyone!

Old 08-15-2011, 07:35 AM   #123
ScottNBecky
Becky and I have been watching this with some interest as we have a trade pending with Randy. We make and sell reptile breeding racks and rat breeding racks and Randy contacted us to trade us a couple balls in exchange for a couple racks. We reached an agreement but as of the start of this thread we had not begun construction of anything for Randy.

Well, while we were unloading Saturday at the Columbus show we were talking to a few friends about this situation and found out that he has more than one sour deal in this area also. We have since decided that there is simply too much evidence pointing toward Randy being at fault in more than just this instance for us to work with him.

To Randy; I don't intend to offend but a word or two of advice... We are not new to reptiles but we are relatively new to breeding and one thing we have discovered is that this is a very tight knit family especially in this area. We are all friends as well as reptile enthusiasts and most of these guys will help you any way they can (as you saw when you contacted Bob Pitt who not only gave you some genetics help but also pointed you to a reputable breeder) but unfortunately for you that "family" can also bite you in the rear if you mistreat it. Building a name for yourself is essential to get into this hobby and this is definitely starting off on the wrong foot.

I'm not saying you are wrong or right but the fix to me seems simple, send the bee back and Laura will return your black pastel. Then this situation goes away.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #124
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottNBecky View Post
'm not saying you are wrong or right but the fix to me seems simple, send the bee back and Laura will return your black pastel. Then this situation goes away.
DO THE RIGHT THING!!!

Old 08-15-2011, 08:31 AM   #125
bullies&balls
Quote:
Becky and I have been watching this with some interest as we have a trade pending with Randy. We make and sell reptile breeding racks and rat breeding racks and Randy contacted us to trade us a couple balls in exchange for a couple racks. We reached an agreement but as of the start of this thread we had not begun construction of anything for Randy.

Well, while we were unloading Saturday at the Columbus show we were talking to a few friends about this situation and found out that he has more than one sour deal in this area also. We have since decided that there is simply too much evidence pointing toward Randy being at fault in more than just this instance for us to work with him.

To Randy; I don't intend to offend but a word or two of advice... We are not new to reptiles but we are relatively new to breeding and one thing we have discovered is that this is a very tight knit family especially in this area. We are all friends as well as reptile enthusiasts and most of these guys will help you any way they can (as you saw when you contacted Bob Pitt who not only gave you some genetics help but also pointed you to a reputable breeder) but unfortunately for you that "family" can also bite you in the rear if you mistreat it. Building a name for yourself is essential to get into this hobby and this is definitely starting off on the wrong foot.

I'm not saying you are wrong or right but the fix to me seems simple, send the bee back and Laura will return your black pastel. Then this situation goes away.
Very well said Scott. It's bad enough that this has happend in the first place, then to add insult to injury by trying to reverse the blame (in at least 2 cases), then to "CALL OUT" men you have no clue to, and to finalize this great story, to tell people you "tight" with KNOWN people in the business.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #126
asixtwo
Quote:
Becky and I have been watching this with some interest as we have a trade pending with Randy.

Well, while we were unloading Saturday at the Columbus.....
Was Randy at the show?
Did you see any of his animals?
Shows are the time to do business, or establish a business relationship!
You can tell a lot more about someone face to face than you can reed in a forum.

I have been doing this for a long time! (Almost 40 years)
I rarely advertise.
I almost never sell online.
I have set up for selected shows in the northeast if I had animals I didn't want to hold back after my regulars were taken care of.

I never buy or trade from someone I haven't met in person!
I only buy or trade from people I know I will see at the next show, or I can visit them at there location.

Any of my apprentices can visually sex a ball python over 500 grams by tail shape alone. Popping/probing an adult ball python should be a reassurance, not a necessity.

A "breeder" who can't sex his own animals?
That should have been the only red flag needed to kill the deal.

It stinks that this happened, but it all could have (and should have) been avoided if the deal got canceled as soon as it started to look sketchy.

I'm not trying to sound overly p!ssy.
I'm just trying to re-enforce the (un-) common sense that should should come into play long before you ship anyone an animal.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #127
dmasio
Yea this guy is a real scumbag. He scammed a friend of mine (Brad Paine) out of a male enchi and a female yb for 2 supposed 2011 DH albino pied females. Brad couldn't get him to answer his phone so I thought I would do a little research on the guy come to find out he has 32 different charges anything from cocaine possesion to grand thest auto. I know a real piece of work. So anyway I get the guy on the phone asking him to do the right thing and return Brads animals and I get the basic scumbag answer f*** you and Brad then he hung up the phone. So I tried to text him a few days after that I told him I had his address I would bring his animals back and pick up Brads animals then he proceeds to threaten me telling me to meet him at the Columbus Ohio Reptile Show at 9am this past Saturday telling me what he was going to do to me. And anyone that knows me knows I'm a nice guy but I'm no pushover. So I told him I would be more than happy to meet him. I go to the show and was talking to a few of my friends there (vendors) and a few people walking by heard his name had a few stories about him themselves. But needless to say the little punk text me said ge was there so I went outside to meet him and he wasn't there told me that Brad wasn't getting his animals back. And I did the same and kept all his threatening text messages to post them I just haven't had the time. But stay away from this guy he's a crook and a sissy he will rob you blind.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #128
bullies&balls
Hey D, come over for lunch !!! Randy said he would by mine LOL. I really hate it when people find out that I'm just a little keyboard tuffguy and call me out Someone needs to make a "SCAM ARTIST STEP by STEP GUIDE"

Old 08-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #129
asixtwo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullies&balls View Post
It would be better and more fun to have all the gus here local he has scammed and ran his mouth at to go to his FACILITY and ASK POLITLY for her snake back, along with the others he scammed, like the pair of DH albino pieds LOL
It's mind boggling to me that ANYONE would buy a high end DH from NOBODY in the first place!

Old 08-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #130
bullies&balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by asixtwo View Post
It's mind boggling to me that ANYONE would buy a high end DH from NOBODY in the first place!
I agree with that. He traded for them, but hets have always been and IMO will always be a source of major concern in this industry. Less then trustworthy folks will use the "het" card to scam and then honest peeps will have one that does not prove on its first 2 attempts and be tagged a scammer.

For sure a double edged sword.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
gilroc reptiles, lilroc338, r and j reptiles, randy gilkerson