Bad Guy DAN DUCKWORTH (Lizardmen3477) (AWFUL GUY!) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:56 AM   #41
hhmoore
Did you receive a receipt for testing, or anything else that would indicate that the animal(s) were actually seen by a vet? Basically, people are just looking for some sort of substantiation of those claims.

As far as medical records - yes, they are the property of facility.....but, patients/clients have a right to review and/or request copies (for which they may be charged).

From reading, it is unclear whether the dragons were seen as patients....I know you said you did, but some of your statements seem at least a little contradictory
Quote:
My vet and good friend told me that she had a mite infestation and some sorta bone infection she probably wouldn’t make it thru.
and
Quote:
Im going into veterinarian medicine so my friends at the vets office and i all figured we could just fix them.. but when we narrowed it down to a bone infection for the female i was mortified... and when she just kept continuing to deteriorate is when i finally decided to begin my post on here
My vet is also a long time friend - and she has looked at animals for me without them being seen as patients. Very convenient...but the down side is that there is no paper trail if I ever had to prove what was done.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:18 AM   #42
Keith Northrop
Talking Bob Sloan finger prints all over it!

I thought the flea infested Rat succumbed to the Black Death....I Would enjoy
a Time lapse of the event.....

Old 11-13-2010, 03:04 PM   #43
exoticsdr
OK, let's get this straight. In the sense that the veterinarian owns the paper, computers or whatever media the information is stored on, they OWN the patients records and are the guardians of the records. The client OWNS the information on those records and as such, can at any time, request a COPY of the records and MUST be given the information at risk of legal action to the veterinarian. This is no different than with the HIPA rules governing your medical records, if you want them, you may have to jump through some hoops, but the information is yours. The veterinarian CANNOT purge a record (relinquish physical ownership) from their clinic until it has remained unused for an amount of time determined by the state that they practice in.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:32 AM   #44
GemmaMama1959
Dan Duckworth

I bought a pair of dragons from Dan in November 2011 and they arrived in the same kind of box, with a half t-shirt instead of pants, the beardies just thrown into the box loose(I can imagine how much they enjoyed that), and with no heatpack. They were very cold and we had to soak them longer than usual but they soon recovered. Dan told me that they were 10 months old so I had high hopes of bringing them out of the stunted state they were in due to malnutrition. He raised them on springmix and something with a lot of seeds in it, because they were pooping out seeds for 2 or 3 weeks after they arrived. The female was a voracious eater from the start and has grown over 2 inches but the male was slower to come out of it. He took about a month before he started eating well. He has grown a little now and they have both shed. I still worry about them though. They may never be 100% growthwise. They both have good size tail nips which he didn't mention and I couldn't see them in the pictures. We were furious, of course, and my son said Dan ought to be beatten senseless, but decided to let it go and just be thankful that we had rescued the dragons from a bad situation. Also, I didn't know about him at the time. I honestly thought he was a very nice person who just happened to be borderline MR. I'm very sorry that you weren't as lucky as I was, Britini. At least my pair lived, even though I may never be able to breed them. So, yes, Dan is still in the reptile business.

Vickie Kestler

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!