Basilisk.....I need some input - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
linz688
Unhappy Basilisk.....I need some input

Ive had my basilisk for about three months now and he seemed to be doing great, but a couple of nights ago he started acting weird. He isnt as active like he usually is and he looked like he had stayed under his light all day and didn't move. I sprayed him down and soaked him in some water. I have been doin that since then I don't get paid until Thursday and I'm taking him to the vet then but until then any suggestions? Last night I picked him up to soak him and he acted like he was having a seizure then just fell over. I sprayed him and then he started acting fine. This morning when I woke up I checked on him and he was more active than he has been so that's a good sign right? If you have any suggestions on what to do til Thursday I would appreciate it

Old 01-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
danthebugman
How'd your vet visit turn out?

Old 01-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
linz688
It went fine. The vet gave me some meds to give him and now he is more active than ever and growing pretty nicely now. Thank you for asking

Old 01-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
did they say what it could have been? Calcium deficiency maybe? Glad to hear he's doing well!

Old 01-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
linz688
She gave him a dewormer and some herbal medicine to get his immune system up. She said he wasnt dehydrated and that other than him acting funny i was doing a good job. She just figured he needed a little boost. And I guess she was right bc he is everywhere now lol

Old 01-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
danthebugman
Glad to hear things are going well again.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #7
linz688
Thanks he scared me there for a little while. I'm just glad the vet was able to do something because he is still a small one

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!