Enclosure Feedback Desired - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-20-2004, 06:58 PM   #1
tretocephalus
Enclosure Feedback Desired

I am posting a few pics of my veiled chamelion enclosures. The larger one is for housing 2-3 females (I currently only have 1) and the smaller one is for the male and breeding. The female enclosure has either a wandering jew and a ficus with some fake vines and one fake limb, or a pothos and a ficus with some fake vines and one fake limb. The male enclosure has a fake vine and a large ficus or a fake vine, a small ficus, and a wandering jew. I would like to hear back from the cham community if these are comprable to successful setups you have seen or if they need some work. As a watering system I use a drip on both and the female reptarium has a small fountain in the bottom corner.
The picture in this post is the female 175 gal reptarium with a ficus and a wandering jew. Please remember I am a herp lover, not a photographer.
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg femalesetup2.jpg (49.3 KB, 145 views)

Old 06-20-2004, 07:03 PM   #2
tretocephalus
additional pic

This is a another picture of the female enclosure but with the pothos instead of the ficus/wandering jew.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jills pics 017.jpg (38.7 KB, 139 views)

Old 06-20-2004, 07:06 PM   #3
tretocephalus
This is a picture of my male enclosure w/ the large ficus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jills pics 015.jpg (42.1 KB, 130 views)

Old 06-21-2004, 01:33 PM   #4
elago
Man,

I think your setups turned out fantastic Mike! The 175 reptarium is especially beautiful, plenty of room and greenery... Looks great! -Eric Lago *MS Reptilian Hobbyists*
http://msreptilianhobbyists.fabpage.com

Old 06-23-2004, 06:00 PM   #5
JasonDescamps
They look pretty good. I'd get rid of the fountain though. They are just bacteria breeding grounds and do little for humidity or drinking water.

Old 06-23-2004, 08:57 PM   #6
tretocephalus
Thanks

Thanks for the input guys. The fountain is gone as of today. I was just looking for an excuse to get rid of that cricket corpse collector as it was. I do have one more question however. As I live in an upstairs apartment and keep my chams on the deck as the weather permits - should I worry about runoff from the roof dripping into the reptariums?
Thanks again

Old 06-23-2004, 11:06 PM   #7
JasonDescamps
Possibly. If the roof is pretty old then I wouldn't worry too much, however if it is a new roof then I might try to divert some of the water.

Old 06-24-2004, 11:42 AM   #8
elago
My suggestion,

Is that you put the chams out to avoid the runoff. If your deck is wide enough, just move them a little to avoid the dripping from the roof. The rain's fine (heck, my chams love it), and I agree with the above post that it's probably not an issue or having the H2O hit them from the roof, BUT you never know, and why even take the chance? I prefer not to play roulette with the animals, just for peace of mind I would just move them out a foot if possible to avoid the runoff. And PS Mike, that gravid female is GORGEOUS man, looks super fat and happy . Hope you've enjoyed your chameleon experience thus far, they're really neat animals. -Eric Lago *MS Reptilian Hobbyists*
http://msreptilianhobbyists.fabpage.com

Old 06-24-2004, 08:35 PM   #9
tretocephalus
first gravid female

This is a picture of my first gravid female. So in roughly 8-9 months I should have another thread to post about care of babies - lol. Thanks for all the info. The reptariums are now safely out of all but the splash zone from the roof.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp gravidfemale.bmp (192.7 KB, 56 views)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!