Python Passion Clutch 12-1 Het Albino X Het Albino - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-21-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
SnakeGirl3
Python Passion Clutch 12-1 Het Albino X Het Albino

Python Passion first clutch for 2012
Female:

Male:

Breeding:

Ovulation (2-15-2012):

Laying (4-5-2012):

Eggs Laid:

7 healthy eggs from a first-time mom!

Eggs in Incubator (Hova Bator):

Eggs moved to new incubator (homemade incubator made from a wine fridge):

I initially had issues with my homemade incubator; I had originally used heat tape in this incubator, and the first time I plugged it up, it didn't heat up. After unplugging and re-plugging, it finally started working. Once everything was fine with it, I unplugged everything until egg-laying season. Once this girl ovulated, I plugged it back in to get it ready . . . and guess what? It wouldn't heat again. No amount of plugging or unplugging would make it work, either. So, long story short, I started this clutch in my hova bator, while ditching the heat tape and going for heat cable. Once the homemade incubator was working properly, I moved the eggs to it.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
SnakeGirl3
Sadly, 2 eggs did not make it but 5 did .

First Slit:

Second Slit:

Pippers (I let all babies pip on their own--I do not cut eggs unless I suspect a problem):

Peeking In (the albino had already slit the shell, though I did make the slit a bit wider so I could see in--I suspected this one might be an albino during candling, and I was right! ):

Old 06-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #3
SnakeGirl3
Hatchlings:
66% Possible Het Female 1:

66% Possible Het Female 2:

66% Possible Het Female 3:

66% Possible Het Male:

Albino Female (sooooo happy about this one--I wanted an albino girl ) aka Persephone:

Clutch 12-1:

I certainly can't complain--I got the female albino I wanted. Now just to get her to eat! LOL All 3 of the possible het females have had at least one meal (one has had two), but neither my albino girl or the male possible het has fed yet.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
FireStorm
Congrats on the albino!

Old 06-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
deborahbroadus
Beautiful clutch, great pictures. Congrats!!

Old 06-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
snakesRkewl
Congrats!

Old 06-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
KY Reptiles
Congrats on hitting the albino!!

Old 06-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
Congrats on hitting the albino girl you wanted! Isn't that fantastic when it works out so well? Babies are so cute, esp #3 poss het female. I've enjoyed all your 'progression' shots as well, nicely done.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #9
SnakeGirl3
Thanks much guys! I know producing possible hets isn't really all that exciting (haha) from a pics standpoint, but I was really going for the albino. And on a positive note, I've had several local people asking about the possible hets just as pets. It was great that the one albino turned out to be a girl! She was the last to emerge, and I had already sexed the possible hets . . . I just knew that albino was gonna be a boy, since I had 3 girls already and only one boy. LOL I popped her four times when she finally came out, even went back and popped the possible het boy again just to be sure I was "still doing it right" (but seriously, how can you forget how to do it within 24 hours? ), and then went back and popped the albino again. No penes. I was so thrilled!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!