Sellers BEWARE of this person! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-24-2002, 03:44 PM   #11
Gina Gauvin
I've been a member of the chameleon journals list for about 3-4yrs and have become fairly familiar with what's going on with chams both wc & cb! In general I don't approve of a large quantity of imports in any species because it can lead to their extinction, but if there aren't any coming in then you either don't have them available in the first place as well as there won't be any fresh bloodlines for breeders and you run more of a risk of future bloodlines becoming inbred! Not to mention there wouldn't be any chams here at all if there wasn't any wc's imported in the first place! I'd mainly like to say that I think it's just great what Ronnie and his vet are doing, to take some of those wild caught chameleons that would normally be sold and shipped multiple times as soon as they were imported, having little chances of survival, to put them through an *expensive* time consuming program that gives them a greater chance of survival! There's not many dealers and breeders that will take the time to invest and have a professional vet treat wc's over a lengthy time instead of selling as is or shotgunning which can be lethal or cause long term health problems! My advice is they're well worth the extra investment rather than burying them within a few weeks to months! Well, getting off my soap box but Ronnie, don't sweat it! There's lot's of people out there grateful you guys are saving these chams! Good luck! Gina Gauvin

Old 06-24-2002, 05:09 PM   #12
abherps
Some people just amaze me, really... I wrote John this afternoon to inform him of these posts being here and on my site, just like he suggested I do, and asked if was going to continue with this. To this he just replies:

----- Original Message -----
To: <sales@australianbeardies.com>
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 4:49 PM
Subject: Re: This whole thing

> Has you can see the amount of BS that has built up over this dispute between you and I is quite pothetic. I am writing you this letter to let you know that for one I am through arguing with you about an overpriced chameleon. For two, Scott is backing down from what he originally said to me about your business and your ethics. From what I gathered about the parasite thing I would say you did the right thing about accepting the return, but then again why send out a chameleon with parasites in the first place? That is VERY unprofessional. It's wrong in the first place for him to have to be the guy in the middle of this dispute. I NEVER mentioned his name and I will apologize again to him for his NAME to become public thanks to you. I am sure you knew who he was the minute I mentioned his situation. No I don't feel the slightest bit embarassed about your websites contributing to this matter. I will be man enough here to say that I am sorry for this to have to go so far over a hobby that you and I clearly feel very attached with. Your ethics and mine are clearly opposite and whomever ends up with more popularity and business in the end will only be determined in time. Until then please only do me the kindest favor to look at everybody else on the internet and the prices they charge for shipping and the chameleons which they are selling i.e Bebeblu, Kammerflage chameleons, and even Kingsnake.com and then tell me if I am such a freak for standing on my side of the line. I am done with the name calling and all the other stuff,
> I can clearly see I have already done a ton of destruction which was more impressive than I thought it would be.
> Thanks and good luck...
>
> John Di Fede
> alphawolfGD@aol.com

Well, I don't think there is any point in me replying to him but I do feel he is right about one thing. "your ethics and mine are clearly opposite..."

Ronnie Buck

Old 06-24-2002, 05:15 PM   #13
LadyChaos
the world is filled with such charming people...what a moron.

BTW Ronnie, those corns I got from you are doing great...if I ever have the room to go into chams, you will be one of the top people on my list.

Old 06-24-2002, 06:09 PM   #14
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Ronnie,

Like I said before don't lose any sleep over this idiot. It is funny how he stated </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Until then please only do me the kindest favor to look at everybody else on the internet and the prices they charge for shipping and the chameleons which they are selling i.e Bebeblu, </td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'> BEBEBlu is usually higher on their prices than anyone else on the Internet. Just let this slide right off your arm. He appears to be an upset fool who can't get his way and wants to make a big deal over it. &nbsp;I always get a laugh out of people who make comments like I am going to riun your buisiness and such. &nbsp;I have had prospective customers get mad and make statements like that in the past and I tell them " I am sorry, but if you do not like my prices, Business practices or animals then by all means go purchase from my competetion." I for one agree with your vci program and I treat all my import Chameleons and other reptiles and acclimate them before I sell them unlike most dealers out there. &nbsp;You guys are in a position where you purchase from the importer and then do the treatments where as I am an importer and treat them myself. &nbsp;Just know your doing a good job and forget about people like this person.

Old 06-24-2002, 06:51 PM   #15
alfon76
I want to thank everyone that posted here in support of Ronnie. It is my opinion that people that get upset about not getting their way should not be in this hobby. Ronnie's prices reflect the time and effort we put into every chameleon. If anyone feels that they want to discuss any medical issues with me, I am always happy to do so and I believe that brings a difference to the VCI program.
I hope that John learns in the future to control his tantrums.
Thanks again to everyone.
Ivan Alfonso

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!