Info Dennis Willis Region Reptiles. - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #41
Johnstud56
EDIT: Ive since talked to Dennis... he's fine in my book. I cannot delete my posts, I didnt think he would do something like that. If you guys read the charges were DROPPED. Sorry Dennis!

Old 12-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #42
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
I guess I will reluctantly play devils advocate here.

I don't know this guy. Never spoke to him, emailed, or visited his facebook group.

With your post I did go check out what is being posted on facebook. What is being stated there and what people are calling him just like the posters are here. So I'm going to assume this is the same person. I haven't looked into it but I will assume all those on facebook and here have.

From what I gather some people liked him previous to this and some people really disliked him. I noticed the posts based on the same information you posted in the link and the original charges stating for fact he is a child molester. Not knowing anything but the charges leveled and this article.

I'm not defending a child molester but before I call someone that I would like some proof other than a charge. It is very easy to get angry when you here stories like this and immediately believe the charge is accurate.

So the original child molesting charge was dismissed. There was some sort of plea. One might think that in of itself is guilty sounding.

Here is the article you linked to

Sounds very inappropriate doesn't it? This site doesn't seem to fond of his plea deal so I wondering why they didn't include the original fondling charges as the original charges? Why would a judge take a plea for battery, on a child molestation case? Something doesn't add up.

So before I start trashing someone and there entire future I want to make sure it is just. The above article wasn't very supportive of Mr. Willis and it sounds very inappropriate.

While the finding of the court is much different than the original charge that still sounds like he had some girl in his house doing inappropriate stuff.

Well someone pointed out that this was his daughter he was tickling on another site. If true, the above statement seems to be written to shed a different light. Wrestling with your own daughter and tickling her is much different than some random girl.

Heck, I was very ticklish as a child and remember wrestling with a cousin who pinned me down and tickled me until I almost peed my pants. I tickled my sisters and it most certainly wasn't what is being made out here. It most certainly wasn't battery. It's common horseplay.

So before I take any part in trashing this man's name for life in this way I sure would like some more information. Why would anyone let a man walk on simple battery if he is a child molester? Was there just not enough evidence?
Was the story changed?

Unfortunately it isn't always cut and dry and questions like is he married to the mother? Is there a bitter divorce? A custody fight? I don't know but just saying this guy is a molester based on the fact he was tickling his child and didn't stop when she said isn't enough.

I hope those running around calling him this know much more than what I read.

If he was really just horsing around playing with his child and didn't stop tickling when she asked (which of course one never did) I think a big injustice is being done.

If he wasn't and is what he is being called and you knew for sure well then Burn his name into the ground.... Don't do it because you don't like the guy.
Thanks for posting this additional information. Yeah, I really don't like him, but that isn't enough reason to destroy his reputation.

It's ironic, the entire reason he and I didn't get along is because he was going after another person's reputation with nothing more than a group of people that disliked the person. I hope he has learned a little compassion from this turn of events, at least.

If the charges were dropped that is good enough for me. I don't think they would have dropped the charges unless there was no other choice. Child molesters aren't let off the hook easily, so there must have been a good reason.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #43
Kyle T
Charges may have been able to be bargained with due to not having enough evidence and or change in the story. Either by coercion or change of heart.

The fact is, is that he was charged with a crime of child molestation which has now been dropped to a sentence of two years on probation for battery. It was battery on a child. Still despicable. There is more to this story. Not sure but it doesn't sound like the girl is his own daughter, but maybe a step daughter.
We have never done business with him and now we never will, regardless of the Plea deal. A plea deal is not NOT GUILTY. He did not fight for that he did not admit the guilt but took a lesser charge. He avoided going on trial where he could have been convicted and sent to prison.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #44
region reptiles
To stop all the BS I took the deal to start seeung my daughter. It was BS from the start. Before you you speak know how the system works. Trial would of been 2 years down the road. This is what happens when you have a bitter divorce.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #45
region reptiles
At the end of the two years everything is gone.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #46
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle T View Post
Charges may have been able to be bargained with due to not having enough evidence and or change in the story. Either by coercion or change of heart.

The fact is, is that he was charged with a crime of child molestation which has now been dropped to a sentence of two years on probation for battery. It was battery on a child. Still despicable. There is more to this story. Not sure but it doesn't sound like the girl is his own daughter, but maybe a step daughter.
We have never done business with him and now we never will, regardless of the Plea deal. A plea deal is not NOT GUILTY. He did not fight for that he did not admit the guilt but took a lesser charge. He avoided going on trial where he could have been convicted and sent to prison.
All could be true and there could be more to the story but more to that story could further exonerate. All I know is what is stated here and on a couple of websites. I really hate or I should state have great displeasure in stating anything in defense of such charges. That's why I think it is important to do it anyway.

Just the mere accusation is enough to condemn someone and they never fully recover even if proven without doubt they are innocent.

Quote:
Either by coercion or change of heart.
It isn't possible that it is because it was untrue? See that's the problem with automatic condemnation without any facts. He is guilty just because it was originally charged.
Quote:
It was battery on a child. Still despicable.
Well I would have to agree. Most would and the first impression one gets when they hear such a thing is abuse (hitting, beating, some type of extreme violence etc..). If that alone was the case, most everyone would be looking for a hole to put him in, including me. That isn't what the news story states. It states he tickled her which caused her pain. That is what is listed as the battery complaint. If that is all that happened and in today's society I can see someone being charged for such then I can't see destroying him without proof.

Quote:
A plea deal is not NOT GUILTY.
But your stating it is good as guilty of a crime he wasn't convicted of because of the nature of the accusation. You state no knowledge of the case but because of what the accusation was it is good enough. It isn't guilty either.

There are many reasons why a lawyer would suggest taking a plea. It happens all the time and not always for being guilty. So if he was innocent he wouldn't have taken the plea that guaranteed no jail time and didn't make him a sex offender? Instead if he were innocent he would have risked the eight years in jail instead of going home that night with the ability to bring the charge down to a misdemeanor?

On principle, I think we would all say Yes! It's a easy principle to have when your entire life isn't on the line.

I understand, it really is awkward for me to state, hey he might have done nothing when you hear charges like this but really when you hear a charge for battery for tickling you really need to look twice and know a little more about the case than make assumptions without any knowledge.

So what I know is he was charged with a disgusting crime. He wasn't convicted on that crime. He was convicted of tickling and caused pain.

To you, how he got to that conviction by plea is proof that he is guilty of the original charge. I could understand that if you knew the facts of the case. Knew that it happened and he swung a sweet deal to walk out the door but you haven't stated any of that.

Someone made the accusation but he wasn't convicted is enough and just because he wasn't found guilty doesn't mean he isn't... So he is????

Well, that is a open and shut case...

Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #47
TessadasExotics
Sorry but taking a plea deal for battery is a good idea how? It's still going to be battery on a child under the age of 14. If you are being charged for child molestation and you are innocent why would you plead anything but not guilty? I wouldn't for any reason. Either there is proof or there isn't.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!