After a 6 Month Adoption Hell, I found my Dog! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
SilverRaichu
After a 6 Month Adoption Hell, I found my Dog!

So if you remember my post a while back:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=359141
I went through quite the escapade trying to adopt a border collie. I got denied from various rescues, just what I went through in a nutshell

-First tried to adopt from a rescue 7 hrs away (NC), said no because i was too far, then said yes and they'd call me, didnt call me for a month+ then told me on a public post on FB that their foster family wanted to keep him once their aggressive lab mix was rehabilitated. They adopted him out to them who was over 9 hours away from me.

-Second, tried to adopt for a BC rescue in VA, submitted an application, took me several emails and them a few weeks to get back to me only to tell me that they adopt out of state but there was no one in my area to do a home inspection and the dog i wanted was adoption pending, asked for assistance with finding a dog for me, never answered me again

-Third time, contacted a herding dog rescue in NC and never answered my messages and I even left a post on their FB page. Got back to me a few months later after I asked if that dog i wanted was adopted then claimed they never got my messages.

-Fourth time, A rescue in NY declined me because my dog was too old, and that I bring him to dog parks and that I lived on corner property.

-Fifth time, a rescue in OH approved me to adopt, I was set to drive the 6 hours only for them to cancel me for that weekend, sent me an email saying she wanted to talk to me on the phone before i go there, left me the # and days available to call then I called and emailed, never heard from them again.

So I did have my heart on adopting my new dog, but it just didnt work out. I did find a dog through a breeder and I am very happy about it! His name is Carson (though I may change his name, suggestions are welcome! and he is under 2 years old!

On my previous discussion, many users posted a lot of great points on adoption and I would appreciate if they can be and more shared here
https://www.facebook.com/thetruthaboutadoption
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
What a beauty! Congrats, I know it was a long ordeal but yay! So worth it now you found your buddy! I'm very happy for you both

Old 05-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
SilverRaichu
Thank You ^^

Old 05-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
ShadowAceD
D'aw, good for you Stephanie. Such a gorgeous dog.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #5
SilverRaichu
Thank you! I am happy with the end result

Old 05-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
Shadera
Handsome dog. Congrats to the two of you.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
Focal
Adorable! I really wanted a blue merle but can't meet the requirements for BC. Congrats!

Old 05-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
JColt
Congrats! Having dealt with Boxer rescue, I can confirm there are some really whacked out people into rescue. Good Luck!

Old 05-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
Untaimed
Congrats! All the trouble you went through paid off in the end, now Carson has a fabulous home & you have the best dog for you. I'm happy for you both!

Old 05-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #10
FireStorm
Congrats! He's so handsome. I can't wait til my life settles down and I can have a dog...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!