snow motleys - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-28-2014, 09:36 AM   #11
Scooter1685
Well, their color looks a lot like my snow did when he was younger. The pattern looks more like a normal motley than like my hypo motley. The hypo trait often alters the expression of the motley trait to some extent. I'm not seeing evidence of hypo in them in this picture, but as Bronx Boa said, I would wait for a couple of sheds before putting them up for sale in any case. Perhaps more pictures, after they shed, would help provide a better look at their pattern just to make sure. I'm not exactly the world's foremost expert, but I would guess snow motleys.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #12
kenat
Here is a pic of one of my snow motleys after she has shed. I have come the the conclusion that they are probably snows. I want to thank all of you for your input.

Thanks Kenny Roberts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snake 004.jpg (265.5 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg snake 003.jpg (203.3 KB, 84 views)

Old 03-29-2014, 09:13 PM   #13
Bronx Boa
Snow motleys very rare! And you have two! What a great feeling that must be!

The BronX BoA

Old 03-29-2014, 11:04 PM   #14
kenat
Yes I feel very lucky. I had 10 babies in the clutch and two of they are snow motleys.
[removed

Old 03-30-2014, 09:22 AM   #15
allreptiles1966
Put me down for a snow Kenny. Male

Old 03-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #16
adamvandenbos
snow motleys

I'm interested in female; could I get pics of snow and the moonglow please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-30-2014, 02:23 PM   #17
Durante
I'm guessing snow just because usually the motley sunglows usually have a more of a crazy aberrant pattern then the motley albino's & I'm doubtful the addition of the anery gene would change that. Keeping the moonglow, m/f?

Old 03-30-2014, 06:06 PM   #18
AbsoluteApril
Warning: enough of the sales talk, not allowed here. Take it to PMs!

Old 04-01-2014, 10:10 AM   #19
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Warning: enough of the sales talk, not allowed here. Take it to PMs!
Sorry April. Won't happen again.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:22 AM   #20
Morgans Boas
If one parent was a Snow, and the other parent was a Motley triple het (aka Hypo Motley het Snow ) , then their can't be any Moonglow Motleys , so those two would be definite Snow Motleys .

If you didn't know --- the Hypo gene, and Motley gene are a unique combo, unlike other combo genes. It takes a Hypo x Motley to make Hypo Motleys , but uniquely a Hypo Motley x normal will only make Hypos or Motleys (no Hypo Mots and no normal.

So when breeding a Snow x Hypo Mot het Snow - Anything with the Motley gene will not be Hypo , and anything that is Hypo won't have the Motley gene .

To produce Hypo Motleys from a Hypo Motley parent , then the other parent has to have either a Hypo gene, or a Motley gene .

Great pair of Snow Motleys by the way

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!