Deposits. Haven't I seen this somewhere before? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:16 PM   #1
Lucille
Deposits. Haven't I seen this somewhere before?

I don't know how many BOI threads have been initiated because of the concept of deposits or lack thereof, but I'm pretty sure I've read most of them.

I am seriously decluttering and spring cleaning, gave most of my tools and hardware and a bunch of other stuff to my youngest son yesterday, he was helping me clean out the garage. I actually had to follow him to his house in my SUV, there wasn't enough space in his car.
Also put out a couple of older pieces of furniture on the front sidewalk with signs gratis/free taped to them, and they found good homes pretty fast.
I put a couple of items up for sale, a lady emailed and wanted to pick a couple of them up Sunday. I told her with full payment via Paypal I would hold. She didn't want to do that.
She wrote back today and was upset that they were no longer available, "I told you I wanted them".

Haven't I seen this somewhere before?

Old 02-16-2015, 09:50 PM   #2
Dbz4246
I get that A LOT with anything that I sell locally. No one want to put down a deposit and wonders why I don't have the snake/item still that they really wanted. But honestly, I hate doing local deals, there has been more than a few times where I am waiting to meet someone and nobody shows up... it is a very disheartening and embarrassing feeling

Old 02-16-2015, 11:15 PM   #3
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
She wrote back today and was upset that they were no longer available, "I told you I wanted them".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz4246 View Post
I hate doing local deals, there has been more than a few times where I am waiting to meet someone and nobody shows up... it is a very disheartening
This gave me a warm fuzzy, not because it happened to you both, BUT because I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person it happens to also.

1. People who are upset because you sold the item, as if you were sitting around desperately waiting for them without a deposit.

2. Craigslist local people who are no shows, makes me want to slash tires. I hate craigslist, but some items are too bulky/costly to ship. Do the trick and post their phone number in a craigslist ad with "FREE flatscreen TV but work nights so call between 1-3:00am when I'm awake"

Old 02-16-2015, 11:35 PM   #4
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Do the trick and post their phone number in a craigslist ad with "FREE flatscreen TV but work nights so call between 1-3:00am when I'm awake"
You sir, are a genius. I wanna do that now lol.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:25 AM   #5
chrisis697
I know how you guys feel I go through the same crap selling locally also.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:05 AM   #6
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisis697 View Post
I know how you guys feel I go through the same crap selling locally also.
Odd, I've never had that problem with local pick-ups. No-shows don't bother me because I have people come to the house.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!