Pied Genetics? Help Please - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-21-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
mkane2013
Pied Genetics? Help Please

First off- I want to thank everyone who has been responding to my questions! I'm sorry that I keep posting new ones, I just like to know what I'm doing before diving in head-first.

I have a question about Pied genetics: Do the high-white parents have a greater possibility of producing high-white babies, or is it all random?

Thanks!

Old 09-21-2015, 02:10 PM   #2
alcmaeon
Hey Bro, this is the for sale section, you probably should ask this in the general discussion forum.

Luck!

Old 09-21-2015, 02:10 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
I moved this to the discussion forums

Old 09-21-2015, 03:02 PM   #4
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkane2013 View Post
First off- I want to thank everyone who has been responding to my questions! I'm sorry that I keep posting new ones, I just like to know what I'm doing before diving in head-first.

I have a question about Pied genetics: Do the high-white parents have a greater possibility of producing high-white babies, or is it all random?

Thanks!
Great question! And the answer is both. High whites tend to throw more high whites, but that doesn't mean lows and mediums won't pop out. Same with low whites, they tend to tgrow more low whites but can still throw medium and high as well, just not as much, usually.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:24 PM   #6
Dbz4246
Thanks Steve, that was a good read!

Old 09-21-2015, 07:59 PM   #7
David Reid
I had the worlds lowest white Pied male, and he threw nothing but 50% Whites to 90% White Pieds. The Het females were all unrelated, so I think it might be luck of the draw, or maybe, just maybe, something to do with the paired up animals...maybe more to do with the female?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!