And then there were four... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-27-2004, 04:47 PM   #1
Ken Harbart
And then there were four...

Well, it seems that the impossible/improbable has happened.

During the past few days, I've had a total of four of my snakes turn up alive. They're looking pretty rough after being on their own for five weeks, but three of the four definitely look like they'll make it.

The found snakes are :
1.1 African mole snakes (this is my adult pair, which I had considered to be irreplaceable)
1.0 Blackheaded python
0.1(?) Granite spotted python.

They're dehydrated and slightly emaciated, but are pretty spunky, save for the spotted. I've been working on getting some fluids back into them, and tomorrow will attempt feedings.

Needless to say, finding these guys has completely caught me off guard and brightened my week. Not expecting to have any snakes at this time, I actually found myself wandering into a pet store and paying retail price for individual rodents. It's an unexpected expense, but I'm happy to have it.

I'd like to thank everyone who chimed in after I lost my herp room last month. The offers of encouragement and help were greatly appreciated.

Old 10-27-2004, 05:01 PM   #2
TooManyBurmese
I am so happy for you! Hope the little guys make it!

Old 10-31-2004, 07:52 PM   #3
MGReptiles
I know its really hard losing snakes..The most expensive one I have lost is a 2700 gram female ball. I can imagine losing a few of the ones you metioned..glad ya found them

Old 10-31-2004, 10:51 PM   #4
sirenofthestorm
congrats I hope you find more in the near future.

Old 11-01-2004, 10:53 PM   #5
Lynn
Thats great news Ken

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!