Bad Guy Matt Baronak of SaSobek Reptiles - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:04 PM   #41
juliasara
Has anyone received their animals or refund yet? I know he was at the white plains expo vending this past weekend. Was a none able to pick up their animals or refunds?

Old 02-02-2016, 02:24 PM   #42
vampyrebyte
I had a friend there who bought an gecko from him for me.
He honored my gift certificate (same cert that Crystal had used), I sent him the remainder through PayPal.
Then my friend shipped it for me.
I received it today.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:25 PM   #43
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
Has anyone received their animals or refund yet? I know he was at the white plains expo vending this past weekend. Was a none able to pick up their animals or refunds?
I have not. Only one quick message that didn't have anything to do with an animal. Just a thanks for support. I really wish he would get in touch. I'm a bit upset about vending when people are owed animals.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:09 PM   #44
juliasara
I truly hope you get what you are owed soon kristi, the others he owes too. The fact that he was there vending is what prompted me to ask. It struck me as a little strange knowing he owed people. I was really hoping he had made everyone whole before vending there. Hopefully he made enough at the expo to return the funds to people or ship their geckos.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:25 PM   #45
Lucille
I understand being down and out. But to me, the bright line between confessing hard times and starting over, and a mere sob story meant to hush various parties so that further business is not hampered by pesky complaints, is the steps taken to right the wrongs done.
If a full refund for everyone is not possible, payment that is more than a token, and a promise of additional funds, would be a good start.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:14 PM   #46
juliasara
If I understood correctly the parties who are owed are still willing to receive the geckos he owes them. Shipping them would be a far cheaper option then paying everyone back.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:17 PM   #47
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
If I understood correctly the parties who are owed are still willing to receive the geckos he owes them. Shipping them would be a far cheaper option then paying everyone back.
I actually asked for a refund since the gecko I purchased was no longer available. I was waiting to get something else, but never had responses. I'm willing to take the loss on my gift certificate and get a refund for the gecko I paid for or I'm willing to get another gecko if I don't have to wait for months.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:50 AM   #48
vampyrebyte
I really wish I could have been there to take pictures of everything. I would have had my friend ship everything that needed to be shipped, just like the one that she picked out for me from him.
I recently heard from someone else who is out a lot of money also and no geckos to show for any of it. They were also asked to pay through PayPal as "friends and family", which since that is done and since more than 180 days have passed, it can't be sent through a claim and resolution process in PayPal.

I remind all of you, unless you are sending money to some one you completely trust, to send money as "goods and services". That person is acting as a business and should accept the small fees that paypal askes for. If they don't want to accept the fees then add 3% to your purchase and still send it as "goods and services", that way they get the full amount and the fees are still on the purchaser (which shouldn't be the case in my opinion). You will then be protected with your purchase also as long as 180 days has not passed.
Even if it has been longer than 180 days, you should still open a dispute so PayPal can track their performance.

I've never asked anyone to pay as friends and family. That in my opinion is very unprofessional.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:36 AM   #49
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyrebyte View Post
I really wish I could have been there to take pictures of everything. I would have had my friend ship everything that needed to be shipped, just like the one that she picked out for me from him.
I recently heard from someone else who is out a lot of money also and no geckos to show for any of it. They were also asked to pay through PayPal as "friends and family", which since that is done and since more than 180 days have passed, it can't be sent through a claim and resolution process in PayPal.

I remind all of you, unless you are sending money to some one you completely trust, to send money as "goods and services". That person is acting as a business and should accept the small fees that paypal askes for. If they don't want to accept the fees then add 3% to your purchase and still send it as "goods and services", that way they get the full amount and the fees are still on the purchaser (which shouldn't be the case in my opinion). You will then be protected with your purchase also as long as 180 days has not passed.
Even if it has been longer than 180 days, you should still open a dispute so PayPal can track their performance.

I've never asked anyone to pay as friends and family. That in my opinion is very unprofessional.
I believe it is actually against PayPal TOS for the seller to even ASK the buyer to pay the fees, you are quite correct that it is part and parcel of doing business with PayPal, ALL sellers are responsible for the fees, not the buyers.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #50
blackholebeauty
I had a similar experience. I always drooled over his geckos and I finally bought one and after 3 months of waiting on shipping (weather was fine) I asked for a refund and never got replies even though I saw he saw it. I know he's been through a lot the last couple of years and I totally understand but I felt upset because I'd wanted one of his geckos for so long. Eventually I had to have a dispute with paypal and he gave me a refund. I wasn't really mad with him, just his customer service but I understand having a lot going on.I don't think you did anything wrong and you were super patient.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!